F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Intake Resonators Lemme Know

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 09:02 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ID_CBRRider
FYI, That thread with the picture has an incorrect description. It says to remove hose #3 completely, but then it tells you to hook it back up to the T?? I was confused as shyt, until researching it a bit more. I have since modified the guys description and added other info that he missed. Here you go, hope it works out for you!! I love mine and the change in the low end pull was night and day on my bike!!
hey man thanks I picked up the stuff to do it tonight the local farm and fleet carried it all. Even some screw in plastic plugs I'm going to use for the resonatir delete. Got to tearing tonight and noticed the previous owner failed to mention they put a k and n intake on it lol.

quick question though saw some guys debating removing sone sort of electrical stuff when doing the air box mod any ideas if it's a good or bad idea? Also the t you remove all the lines from I assune it's safe to say I can remove that?

thanks

Old 02-04-2010, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18
quick question though saw some guys debating removing sone sort of electrical stuff when doing the air box mod any ideas if it's a good or bad idea? Also the t you remove all the lines from I assune it's safe to say I can remove that?

thanks
Yeah it's the factory valve that puts unburned gasses back into the airbox. It's the unit that has hoses #1 and #2 and #3 attached. Once you put the new open T in just unbolt the factory valve. It'll have an electrical connection just unplug it and your good to go. Have fun and let me know how it works out for you.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:04 PM
October 2011 ROTM

hey man hows the weather lookin up there in chitown?
The weather up here sucks. Its cold and snowing. Oh how I love Chicago weather.

I will have to look into this airbox mod. I Have my bike torn apart as I am repainting it so now would be the time to do it.

Last edited by R Dub; 02-05-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
The weather up here sucks. Its cold and snowing. Oh how I love Chicago weather.

I will have to look into this airbox mod. I Have my bike torn apart as I am repainting it so now would be the time to do it.
hey r dub if u got ur bike torn apart for painting (haha just like me) idk if ur interested or not but here is another cheap easy mod... i thought it was cool nothing major but cool and free...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ98U-D-9TU

Old 02-05-2010, 04:39 PM

hey r dub if u got ur bike torn apart for painting (haha just like me) idk if ur interested or not but here is another cheap easy mod... i thought it was cool nothing major but cool and free...
I test rode a bike that a buddy of mine was buying (as he didn't have his endoresment yet) that had this GP style shift pattern and it was the hardest thing to get used to!!! I kept downshifting when I wanted to upshift and had a beotch of a time getting back to neutral...LOL It was the first thing I fixed for the guy before I let him ride it. I'm sure once your used to it it's fine but damn...that could take some getting used to!!

Old 02-05-2010, 04:43 PM

I test rode a bike that a buddy of mine was buying (as he didn't have his endoresment yet) that had this GP style shift pattern and it was the hardest thing to get used to!!! I kept downshifting when I wanted to upshift and had a beotch of a time getting back to neutral...LOL It was the first thing I fixed for the guy before I let him ride it. I'm sure once your used to it it's fine but damn...that could take some getting used to!!

easiest way to remember it man is if ur pushing something ur moving forward if ur pulling ur going backwards.... or at least thats how i do it lol

Old 02-05-2010, 08:19 PM
October 2011 ROTM

ZMDS- Do you have the GP style shifter? If so how do you like it. Does it help with the notchy shifting that the f4i has?

Old 02-05-2010, 09:34 PM

easiest way to remember it man is if ur pushing something ur moving forward if ur pulling ur going backwards.... or at least thats how i do it lol
Yeah but old habits die hard...LOL I just found myself having to actually think about what I was doing instead of just having my body go through its normal muscle memory reactions. But hey to each his own, with some practice I could get used to it.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:30 AM

I did the clean air mod a few months ago. You definately notice the backfiring at low rpms/speeds goes away. When I used to turn into my neighborhood and cruise slowley to my house it always made an annoying backfire... not anymore. Pretty cool mod for the $2.00 "T" I bought at the Depot.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:14 PM

Yeah but old habits die hard...LOL I just found myself having to actually think about what I was doing instead of just having my body go through its normal muscle memory reactions. But hey to each his own, with some practice I could get used to it.
its really hard to remember for me because i ride dirt and street so going between the two was not a good thing so i just went back to the standerd shift setup.

Quick Reply: Intake Resonators Lemme Know