CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Insulation for aftermarket fairings? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/insulation-aftermarket-fairings-102776/)

m3ds 10-30-2009 09:22 PM

Insulation for aftermarket fairings?

I just got my new fairings from Auctmarts (they look awesome) but they have no shielding. How important is it that I put some on? idk about heat or vibration...

I also can't find anywhere that I would get this insulation from, unless I rigged some up myself :icon_doh:

abeer1 10-30-2009 11:30 PM

You can buy heat tape online. Actually the stuff that they use on pipes would work from Lowe's as well.

R Dub 10-30-2009 11:42 PM

Let me know how you like the fairing overall. Is the paint job good, is the fitment good. How was the lead time to get them. I am thinking about going with them as well.

m3ds 11-01-2009 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by abeer1 (Post 853322)
You can buy heat tape online. Actually the stuff that they use on pipes would work from Lowe's as well.

That's a good idea, I'll check both those options out I got a Lowe's across the street from my house

Originally Posted by R Dub (Post 853327)
Let me know how you like the fairing overall. Is the paint job good, is the fitment good. How was the lead time to get them. I am thinking about going with them as well.

Overall I love it. The paint looks great, and they fit pretty well. My friend put them on before I even got there, but he said they went on real easily nothing having to be re-drilled. Totally changed the look of the bike! I'll get pics for sure once I get the tank and undertail painted (it's yellow at the moment lol)

THE only negative is it took about a month to get my fairings. If you don't mind waiting, great deal... but damn that was a long month haha.

R Dub 11-02-2009 02:15 PM

When you put the fairings on did any of the paint start to chip or crack? When I was doing some research that was the #1 complaint is when you when to tighten all the screws the paint would crack.

NYKnick1015 11-02-2009 03:20 PM

cracking is usually due to faring that dont fit completely and are stretching... if you have cracks then thats bad

__Z__ 11-02-2009 03:23 PM

+1 for non pre drilled fairings lol

m3ds 11-02-2009 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub (Post 854066)
When you put the fairings on did any of the paint start to chip or crack? When I was doing some research that was the #1 complaint is when you when to tighten all the screws the paint would crack.

Nah dude, there was places where it didn't fit completely perfect...but never enough to crack it or anything. Might've just got lucky, but it looks like a brand new bike

R Dub 11-02-2009 09:39 PM

Awesome. That makes me feel better with buying through them. I need all new fairings and I'm not about to spend $2K for everything. Post pics when you get them.

m3ds 11-03-2009 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub (Post 854243)
Awesome. That makes me feel better with buying through them. I need all new fairings and I'm not about to spend $2K for everything. Post pics when you get them.

For sure. I'm going to the paint shop to see about how much it'll cost to get the tank, undertail kit, and helmet done to match today so hopefully I'll have them pretty soon!