CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Installed Sportech chrome windscreen, very disappointed (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/installed-sportech-chrome-windscreen-very-disappointed-56931/)

severetitan 01-03-2008 06:09 PM

Installed Sportech chrome windscreen, very disappointed

OK, so I've been patiently waiting for about (2) weeks on my new Sportech chrome windscreen. Finally arrived today, I was soooo happy. Removed it from the packaging and it looks sweet. Removed stock windscreen & began relocating hardwareto the new one. First thing I noticed is that the holes don't provide a "countersink" for the grommet like the stock windscreen did. I continued. Got all the hardware switched and fit the new screen onto my bike.

Man, it looks like ****. Those grommets are no longer flush with the windscreen surface, due to lack of the "countersink". So that means that it doesn't make a nice flush fit with the upper fairing, and there is a gap at every fastener, and at the very bottom.

"Our windscreens are custom thermoformed for a perfect OE replacement fit....". I'm calling bull**** on this one!

I guess I'll replace it with the stocker tommorrow morning, too frustrated to mess with it now.

I'll sell this piece of **** to someone pretty cheap if for some reason they would want it.

OK. I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

jaynd 01-03-2008 06:22 PM

RE: Installed Sportech chrome windscreen, very disappointed

Hmm, a buddy of mine got a sportech tinted red windscreen for his F4i and it fit great (i assume, havent heard him bitch yet, lol). thats odd, possible you could call them and complain? no one wants unhappy furious customers.

severetitan 01-03-2008 06:27 PM

Just finished up an email to them. It was more to the point about the fit, with less bitching. ;)

jaynd 01-03-2008 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: severetitan

Just finished up an email to them. It was more to the point about the fit, with less bitching. ;)
if they are good people either they will point you in the right direction or they will replace it free of charge. i've been fortunate that every company i've dealt w/ in modding my bike and buying gear have been 100% helpful and excellent. they've all bent over backwards to please the customer.

voodoochyl 01-03-2008 10:00 PM

Hopefully, they will let you trya new screen. Tell them the fitment was bad (send them pics)...if they are worth their salt, they will send a new one to you. I don't know anything about their products, but keeps us posted. How about some pics?

slip_ 01-03-2008 10:01 PM

Yeah, wow that's pretty unfortunate. I wouldn't sell it for toooooo cheap considering you haven't really gotten any use out of it. Put it up there for a bit discounted if you are gonna sell it.

sharker98 01-03-2008 10:44 PM

I have one, I know what you are talking about... BUT is is a verry small gap, and I am pretty damn piky myself... It wasn't a big deal. I noticed it, and continued on, after a day or two I forgot about it and every time I looked at it I never noticed it again. We are talking about the thickness of 2 matchbook covers thick.

I agree they should countersink them, but other than that I loved my Black Chrome sportech. I have since taken it off to remount the stocker clear because I plan to run a camcorder quite often.

champ24 01-04-2008 08:18 AM

I am also very picky and I got a windscreen with the exact same problem. As soon as I noticed I stopped, put the stock one back on and gave that POS away. Anyone know a company that acually makes one that fits like stock?

Jump1979man 01-04-2008 09:19 AM

ORIGINAL: champ24

I am also very picky and I got a windscreen with the exact same problem. As soon as I noticed I stopped, put the stock one back on and gave that POS away. Anyone know a company that acually makes one that fits like stock?
Puig.

champ24 01-04-2008 09:39 AM

Cool i'm going to order one right now. I hope your right.