F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Installed my Jardine RT-1

Old 05-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed my Jardine RT-1

I looked up a couple threads on flooding the F4i since I sent out this evening to install my pipe and as soon as I hit the key to fir eit up and move it to another building to begin the exhaust replacement, she fired and die instantly. Then it acted as if there was zero fire. Of course I cranked on it several different times making the actual problem worse than it needed to be. After running the battery low, I checked int he manual for a flooded engine procedure and sure enough, that was my problem.

I tried the procedure about a half dozen times and finally got the biek to fire the remainder of the fuel int he cylinders but then it imediately died as soon as I let of the throttle. I decided to pull the fairings to remove the plug and dry them out. Got the fairings off and the radiator lowered and dicded to give it another whirl. VAROOOMMMM! Did'nt want to idle for nothing so I just revved it a bit for about 20 to 30 seconds and she idled good as new. Shut it off and fired it up a few more times.

So now she is running again (first time it ever did that to me) and here I am with the exhaust completely exposed. Took about 10 minutes to swap the factory pipe for the Jardine RT-1 and man am I ever glad I bought that pipe. It was the tone I was looking for and not to loud and not to soft. Bought the pipe for 203 shipped from motosport.com, they just started handling sport bike stuff.

Now I just gotta clean up the plastics while they are off and get them back on.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Default RE: Installed my Jardine RT-1

mine is coming in wednesday. I cant wait to get it on too. did you feel a difference from it?

Old 05-15-2007, 02:18 AM

Well, I feel better about my exhaust now, if that counts:-)

I can actually faintly hear the exhaust going down the highway. It is definately not over powering with regards to sound, but it does sound a lot like my 1000RR at idle with its stock exhasut. I have a Jardine RT-1 Dual outlet for it to install soon though. This exhaust is deeper than I expected it to be, which is a pleasant surprise for me.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:57 PM

I am loving this can. The bike feels "free'er". Seems like it takes less throttle to get going from a stop light. Seems like it is hitting Highway speeds much easier. The bike feels smoother in its power delivery and in vibration compared to what it had with the stock can. It seems sponkier as well. There are no dead spots in the throttle (didn't have any before either).

Old 05-16-2007, 07:23 PM

I just put mine on today and was going to say the same thing. It seems to me like it has had a big restriction taken off it. It feels like it pulls harder to me also and it gets threw the RPM's faster