F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

****ing Soccer Moms

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006 | 03:54 AM
Default RE: ****ing Soccer Moms

whats up everyone i actually dont remember even posting this i dont even remember getting dropped off last night due to a g-d **** beer bong and rum shots but anyway not everything i said in the post was entirely acurate it wasnt even close to 3 miles it was actually like a 1/2 a mile and i wouldnt even had stayed next to her that long but i was in kinda heavy traffic thankfully someone got off at the exit i was passing so the right lane on the highway opened up, and to comment to an above post i was between 6-8000 rpms at the time, so sorry for any confusion guess i shouldnt drink and post anymore lol

Old 08-10-2006 | 06:04 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Hmmmm, drunk posting I can tolerate ... if it was drunk riding you're gonna so get flamed[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 08-10-2006 | 07:06 AM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

Hmmmm, drunk posting I can tolerate ... if it was drunk riding you're gonna so get flamed[sm=badbadbad.gif]
It probably wasn't soccer mom in a van either...It was a hillbilly in his truck with a mullet!

Old 08-10-2006 | 04:02 PM

oh i wont even ride if i have had a beer so dont worry bout that

Old 08-10-2006 | 10:51 PM

LOL... same thing happened to me just on sunday. except i didnt have time or space to swerve into the next lane cuz i was in right hand lane and she was passing me in a toyota 4 door then i guess didnt see me at all and started coming over.. all i had time to do was kick her passenger door and then swerve ( onto thankfully a paved shoulder) then accelerate past her. Not sure if i dented the door ( i kicked pretty hard) or if she got my licence plate. Not that i really care, if the cops show up at my door i am goin to say she tried to kill me.

Seriously the line "Drive like they are trying to kill you" is sooo true. I was just chillin, cruising home from a day at the beach open lane no cars infront of me or beside me. I was goin to post this earlier but YOu beat me to the punch.

Old 08-11-2006 | 08:05 AM

If you had time to think - kick their door and then swerve/accelerate you had lots of time to do something else.

A - use the horn. That way they know they're in the wrong. Kicking the door they think you're the *******.

B - use the brakes. You're brakes are way way way stronger than your throttle - if you really need to get out of the way of a car merging into you - nab the brakes. You'll be 4 car lengths behind them in a second.

Sure I might be sounding like an ******* for saying this, but come on - you kicked their door and used the throttle. They didn't learn anything, you didn't protect yourself, and the only thing that came out of it was she probably hates bikes a bit more.

Sure every car out there might be passively trying to kill us - but kicking the doors in (as funny as it sounds) won't help that... infact she might now be actively trying to kill cyclists now... you never know with how unbalanced people are these days. ****ing wack jobs all over the road. Stay the hell away from them... that old expression - you can be right, dead right...

So - sorry for the rant - but I hear these stories every day and I don't find them funny anymore. The people in them are no longer the hero's of the stories but the ******** I meet on the road every day... (not calling you an ******* - just saying that these people who repeatedly do these things are really frustrating to be on the road with)

Old 08-11-2006 | 04:21 PM

there's a reason the place you were riding next to her is called the "dead zone". in a car, on a bike, whatever, stay where people can see you, or at least not hit you WHEN they do something stupid. and they will.

Old 08-11-2006 | 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: woot
B - use the brakes. You're brakes are way way way stronger than your throttle - if you really need to get out of the way of a car merging into you - nab the brakes. You'll be 4 car lengths behind them in a second.
CAUTION on the brakes. I ride at 6-7K and use the throttle because not much on the road will out accelerate me. If you crank the brakes you better know what is behind you. Cars have a habit of looking around (through) bikes. They may not see you brake hard until too late, then you have a cage in your ***. If you crank the throttle you are in control of the closure rate.

Don't get me wrong I ALWAYS cover the brake. I just don't use it a lot when I navigate traffic.

The key is to Scan, Predict, and React.

If you have anything on your mind other than riding you are aking to be a statistic. DO NOT allow your mind to wander.

Old 08-11-2006 | 05:58 PM

ahh a wandring mind always dangerous on the road be it bike or cage but especially a bike. hey blackdog how old are u if u dont mind me askin sounds like that head of urs is always full of info. haha

Old 08-11-2006 | 06:18 PM

30 going on 80.

Been around the world a time or two (literally), and put quite a bit more mileage on my body that your average 30 year old. (thanks to Uncle Sam's Misguided Children) Just trying to hang onto most of what I have left.

Quick Reply: ****ing Soccer Moms