F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I went down

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I went down

I'm ok just sore and queezy feeling. Right side fearing is scratched tail has a few minor and so does the right side nose. it got my mirror and blinker. to make matters worse i just lost my job on wed. bike still feels 100% sound and rides straight as a arrow still. I need to know where to start its my baby and shes all boogered up

Old 08-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Default RE: I went down

Sorry to hear you went down, i've been down that road myself. If the body damage is not that bad I would suggest looking on ebay for a mirror. I have a friend of mine that runs a start up bike shop, he might have a spare mirror. Look him up @ http://www.atxmotors.com his name is richard, should be a good deal.

Good luck bro.

Diabo

Old 08-05-2006, 12:33 PM

eBay is definitly a great source for parts.

Replace the signal and the mirror and ride the scratches until you have some cash for paint.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:58 PM

Same exact thing happened to my brand new 06 but it was purely my fault. Newbie not having good throttle and clutch control....let it out too quick and went wide on a slow turn into some gravel, down i went.

I put some www.watsendesign.com blinkers on and replaced the mirror with an OEM Replacement.

My front and side fairings are still scratched up, but who the hell cares? My brake pedal is still bent but i haven't replaced it because its not THAT bad. Ride it for a while till you are getting damn good at it, and THEN think about repainting\fixing plastic damage.

Oh p.s. check to make sure you didnt bend your radiator. I sure did but the damage is not apparent until closer inspection.

worst part is i had the frame sliders sitting on my living room floor.

better believe they are in now!

regards
-chris B

Old 08-05-2006, 01:03 PM

guys thanks for lendin a ear. I know everyone goes down but damn. has anyone got theres painted recently that could give me a ballpark of what i'm lookin at for that. sliders really wouldent have helped i dont think because i laid it down in the grassy part of a on ramp but i will be putting them on. can fairings be sanded?

Old 08-05-2006, 01:15 PM

Yes fairings can be sanded and filled just like the plastic bumpers of a car.

Frame sliders help a lot by taking the forces that would act directly on your fairings. The big part is they keep the case covers off the ground. One buses case cover can totall the motor.

Old 08-05-2006, 02:19 PM

i would leave it until next season in case something else happens.

Old 08-07-2006, 12:31 PM

Are you okay?

Old 08-07-2006, 07:17 PM

2 days after the wreck i can still feel it lil bit but other than that i'm ok. my bicep has a deep bruise on it hurts like a ****. are flushmount lights interchangable threw the years? Does the mirrior work the same way?Also when i went down when it ripped my blinker off i think it took the connector with it? Do they come with connectors?

Old 08-07-2006, 07:25 PM

Flushmounts work the same for all F4/F4i. You will have to modify the fairing for the generic ones. You can splice them in with generic automotive crimp connectors.

Mirrors are the same for all F4/F4i.