F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I want to TURBO my f4i.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm......IMO it would be cheaper to buy a 1000RR or a Hayabusa or a ZX 14. And its already built for you.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:43 AM

lol, I usually don't post unless I have something useful to say but seriosly he just wanted help. You guys were pretty ruthless.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Phillyf4i
lol, I usually don't post unless I have something useful to say but seriosly he just wanted help. You guys were pretty ruthless.
I don't usually post unless its useful either but this case was different.

He's already killed one engine and hes trying to turbo a day to day bike.

I wont sit silently and let someone kill them self by toying with something they don't understand.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Stephens
Hmmm......IMO it would be cheaper to buy a 1000RR or a Hayabusa or a ZX 14. And its already built for you.
hell no it wouldn't be cheaper....i doubt everything would cost me more than $1,500, if that.

Originally Posted by Exitwounds
I don't usually post unless its useful either but this case was different.

He's already killed one engine and hes trying to turbo a day to day bike.

I wont sit silently and let someone kill them self by toying with something they don't understand.
don't get me wrong, i appreciate your concern.

but I didn't kill my engine, i made a stupid mistake and didn't toque down my spark plugs (i was scared of stripping the head)...a few weeks after i serviced it, once of them shot out and stripped the head...ironic, ehh?

forcing me to bust it open, i was going to heli-coil it from the bottom, but decided to put another head in it, i got one for free off my buddies blown motor.

and for turbo-ing the bike, i heard MANY different opinions, some saying that if tuned right, it would be controllable. regardless, the only way to find out would be to just do it.

and as a stunter and a racer, having good throttle and bike control, I think I'll be able to handle it.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't even have my F4i anymore and I never post in here but I saw this and thought wow this is stupid. I had to read it. Calling him stupid is overboard? I don't think so.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:37 AM

Turbo it for only 1500? I would like to see this. Disregard what everyone has to say. Do it and take lots of photos so I can see how you did it. This would be one of the best "Hot to" posts ever.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:02 PM

I debated the same thing after i got used to the power on my bike.. Then i decided against it. Too much work, too much money, not enough power. You want power get a 08 1000RR , if that doesn't scare the **** out of you then turbo that, make sure to write your will out before you ride it first

best of luck man! There is also a 600RR build on 600RR.net a 03 600RR turbo lots of good info there check it out

Old 02-16-2009, 03:48 PM

thank you for the support.

i decided to make a f4i go-cart and turbo that....i think i eventually make it a twin-turbo with intercooler. it'll be SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!

that way i can learn about turbos and the power difference, if everything goes well, i'll move on with doing it on my bike.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dirtytoes
thank you for the support.

i decided to make a f4i go-cart and turbo that....i think i eventually make it a twin-turbo with intercooler. it'll be SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!

that way i can learn about turbos and the power difference, if everything goes well, i'll move on with doing it on my bike.
The idea of a turbo gocart makes me giggle in a most girlish way. Its going to be fun to work out traction issues and all the engine work.

Quick Reply: I want to TURBO my f4i.