F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I want to clean my motorcycle... Suggestions guys.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008 | 09:53 AM
Default RE: I want to clean my motorcycle... Suggestions guys.

ORIGINAL: bluej511

LOL, everywhere I look Isee those Pro-Grips Handlebar Grips...lol, I got a pair too. LOL NE WAY, I use Zymol, you can get it at Wal-Mart and it by far has been the best wax I have used, just follow the directions and it will last a while too.

Old 03-23-2008 | 12:16 PM

They came with the bike. As far as zymol i dont perticularly like it and ive tried everything since i detail. The megs 26 doesnt last very long maybe a month but its pure carnuba so its a pure wx. Megs NXT is also good since it hides some swirls and lasts a while with nice shine.

If you want high end wax you can try Pinnacle Souveran,Collinite waxes,poorboys nattys blue is amazing. Carnuba will give the best shine while synthetic will give the longest protection

Old 03-23-2008 | 12:41 PM

No tire shine, not even sidewalls. And watch the high pressure around the chain.

Old 03-23-2008 | 02:52 PM

i use a turtle wax spray and a microfiber cloth about once a week but if its to dirty ill use the hose and soap

Old 03-23-2008 | 03:39 PM

you can just wash it likes its a car with soap and water but I polished my frame and swingarm so I try to avoid the hose unless I really need it. I use Honda spray and polish on the plastics and then go over it with meguirs detailer and a microfiber cloth. The only thing I ever put wax on was the frame and swingarm.

Old 03-25-2008 | 12:49 PM

DO NOT APPLY TIRE SHINE AT ALL TO MOTORCYCLE TIRES!!

Here's a useful link, it's a little old but should give you an idea:
http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/tec...ing/index.html

This is what you want to use:
http://www.viewpoints.com/Pro-Honda-...sh-review-cb6b

or this:
http://tiltedhorizons.blogspot.com/2...back-sort.html

Old 03-25-2008 | 04:49 PM

+1 on the tire shine, also it's going to sound weird but try lemon pledge, cleans the bike up real nice, easy to apply and you can put it on everything even on your windshield

Old 03-25-2008 | 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: MC_spirited

I've never had a stand when I washed mine. A few tips though may help you out much. Take off any high power spray fitting on the hose. High pressure water gets into electronics and washes grease out of critical areas (Axels, swingarm, steering bearings, ect). Be careful cleaning the tires. Wipe off the road meeting surfaces with a wet cloth. Never use tire shine or cleaner on anything but the sidewalls. Never armor all the seat, you will slide right off. Use whatever soap and a wet rag and rinse with water directly from the end of the hose. Make sure to clean and service the chain after washing. A good product Ive used to clean my Ninja 250, and will continue to use on my F4i is Honda's spray cleaner. I forget what it is called. It foams and you can do a quick clean of the whole bike with it. Safe on rubber, glass, plastic, fiberglass and metal.
its funny because ive been on a few rides now and ive got alot of dirt on my chain protector and undertail and i was just wondering this exact same thing... but how do you "clean and service" your chain

Old 03-25-2008 | 10:04 PM

I actually pull the plastic off periodically to clean mine. It lets you get down into the cracks, and it's not that hard to do. Does anybody have a good product to use on the stock pipe? I'm trying to figure out how to polish mine and make it shine.

Old 03-25-2008 | 11:32 PM

... but how do you "clean and service" your chain

Check this...google Grunge Brush and pick one up...for $15-$18 you get a very useful tool that will help you easily clean your chain in minutes.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motor...chain-cleaner/

Quick Reply: I want to clean my motorcycle... Suggestions guys.