CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   I took 8inches off my Jardine slip on (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/i-took-8inches-off-my-jardine-slip-111350/)

KdubyaH 05-28-2010 04:05 PM

I took 8inches off my Jardine slip on

2 Attachment(s)
I took 8inches off my Jardine slip on. I was in my garage working on it for 2.5 hours. It came out great. I got the bike all polished up. I couldnt wait to get out and take it for a test ride. I open the garage door..........and its raining:icon_doh: AAAAAAAAHhhhh. It stopped for now. Long enough for me to snap a picture. Hopefully it doesnt start back up so I can take it out tonight for a cruise.

KdubyaH 05-28-2010 08:04 PM

I went for a ride and I love the sound it makes. Its a lot deeper sound than it was and the throttle feels a bit crisper. It really does sound mean. Ill try to make a video tomorrow.

vaa 05-28-2010 09:46 PM

:icon_beerchug:Nice. They look so much better than the regular sized ones. I did the same to the SS Yosh Tri-Oval I have on mine. It did get louder and with a deeper tone.

purpleslug 05-29-2010 02:21 AM

i love them cut down but in my opinion i think 8 in a little much i did mine 4.5 in.

mk2mike 05-29-2010 04:34 AM

I need to cut mine... it'S SOOOOOO LONG! (thats what she said) But I will cut it from the mid pipe side to keep my sticker haha!

KdubyaH 05-29-2010 08:44 AM

I actually wanted to cut my sticker off. It was faded really bad. Even if it wasnt faded, a red and black sticker wouldnt look too good on a green bike.

chetman7 05-29-2010 10:06 AM

there should be a bigger aftermarket scene with shorty exhausts for the f4i

looks good

mk2mike 05-29-2010 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by KdubyaH (Post 927183)
I actually wanted to cut my sticker off. It was faded really bad. Even if it wasnt faded, a red and black sticker wouldnt look too good on a green bike.

Am I color blind? you bike looks red to me

KdubyaH 05-29-2010 04:22 PM

Im getting it painted in a week or two. My painter just has to give me a date to bring him everything to paint. Going flat army green. Just have a gander at the show us your f4i section. There are a million of the red ones. Im trying to make mine different. That whole Ferrari thing zmds has going on inspired me to just get after it:icon_wheel:

KdubyaH 05-29-2010 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by chetman7 (Post 927211)
there should be a bigger aftermarket scene with shorty exhausts for the f4i

looks good

I know. Its so easy to do it yourself though. If you have any experience using a drill, rivet gun and something that will cut it. Its a piece of cake :icon_cake:. I used a hacksaw and since aluminum is so soft I cleaned up the edge with 80 grit sandpaper. Then smoothed it out some more with 180grit and then some 400 grit. It looks like it was made that way. Im not sure with carbon fiber. I haven't worked with it much. You may have to take a small paint brush and wipe a bit of resin on the edge where you cut it to keep the fibers from fraying.