F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I think I might streetfigher her : ( Need your help

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you turn gold into such crap?

Streetfighters are UGLY, and the F4I is beauitiful!

Old 04-08-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by kazspeed
I think if you have time, and you have the skills, you can make a good streetfighter.

But 95% of the ones I have seen just look like a desperate way to make a dumped bike look "cool" again.....

The one pictured above is in the 5% of pulling it off.
I agree. With time and money you can make a really nice looking streetfighter. Personally, I like the looks of them, but its not really my cup of tea. I don't think I would enjoy riding them for more than a day or so.

If you have the time/money/patience I say go for it.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:11 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

so im not trying to be a jerk bag but just based on the questions youve asked, you dont have the necessary skills yet to turn it into a street fighter...

as a sleep fighter you have posted requires alot of custom work to accomplish...

you cant just go buy alot of parts for them

i will also say im yet to see a overly impressive f4i fighter...

Last edited by __Z__; 04-08-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dont do it... your bike is a beauty... unless you really want to sell all of the take off parts to me for $50 then go for it.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:39 PM

That is a really nice bike. personally I wouldn't do it but thats just my 2 cents. But if you decide to Id buy all your fairings lol, maybe the gas tank if I have the money and you were willing to get another one. Just putting it out there

Old 04-08-2011, 08:24 PM

Start taking you're bike apart and look at it all. That will give you an idea of what you can and can't do. I've owned my bike a week and I've already had it stripped down to the frame and back together pretty much twice. Once you get it apart you can look at everything and see what needs to be done. It's one of the simplest things I've ever done. I could do it by feel alone probably. Not trying to toot my own horn but it is super easy.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

The gas tank is one piece, you can't take "the metal off but not the tank" like a 07+ 600RR. If your really going to do this and chop your subframe to get rid of the rear seat then PLEASE let me know first and I'll give you my subframe to chop and take your split seat subframe. I'll even do all the work swapping them for you since we live close.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:08 PM

im personally not a big fan of the street fighter. it reminds me, like everyones said before, of a prior dropped bike, trying to look cool again lol. but than again everyone has their own taste. just seems like you're looking for everyones .02

Old 04-09-2011, 06:52 PM

I love street fighters! They are awsome for tearing around the city. But I also agree, It's quite hard to pull one off cleanly. If you really want one.. Save your bucks and buy a factory built fighter or motard!

Old 04-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After reading the initial post, I agree with Z. Noober, sounds like you are a bit new to the mechanics of motorcyling. It is a blast and I DON'T wish to discourage you from doing it. However, that said, I think that taking your current bike to a fighter is beyond your current "skill set". That IS a cherry-sweet ride you have there. Don't toast it trying to do anything so ambitious, at first.

The whole street fighter look comes from, as noted earlier, salvaging bikes that had been thrashed. I'd recommend that you start looking around for a used, cheap bike with some trashed fairings and play with THAT. I've seen some bikes around my area that would work in the $500 to $600 range. You are looking to put, at least, that much in anyway. And, you don't screw-up your main ride or lose any ride time.

Quick Reply: I think I might streetfigher her : ( Need your help