CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   i SCREWED up! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/i-screwed-up-95549/)

mike and ikes 06-15-2009 10:09 PM

i SCREWED up!

1 Attachment(s)
I recently had the bike apart to paint it and change the air filter, spark plugs. When all was back together I had these two screws left over. They don't appear to be very strong so perhaps not structural in nature.

Any ideas where they could go? I really don't want to take everything off again!

$5.00 to the first person to correctly identify them.

StrikeAnywhere 06-15-2009 10:11 PM

airbox

only black ones that are phillips head, send my $5.00 to your local humane society

Elfling 06-15-2009 10:14 PM

LOL...in my line of work, we call those pocket parts!!

mufassa3 06-15-2009 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by mike and ikes (Post 798074)
I recently had the bike apart to paint it and change the air filter, spark plugs. When all was back together I had these two screws left over. They don't appear to be very strong so perhaps not structural in nature.

Any ideas where they could go? I really don't want to take everything off again!

$5.00 to the first person to correctly identify them.

Damn, I need those two screws too! LOL!

nekidfrog 06-16-2009 12:58 AM

did you have side fairings off ? if so it could be screws to the front plastic behind your front wheel. there are i think 2 philips screws just like that.

so could be 2 spots... airbox or front plastic behind front wheel...

NeoClone 06-16-2009 01:01 AM

I think those are the 'bush' screws. They're the ones you toss in the bush! Just kidding... you can laugh about it later, after you figure it out for real!

mike and ikes 06-16-2009 09:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by StrikeAnywhere (Post 798077)
airbox

only black ones that are phillips head, send my $5.00 to your local humane society

Nice guess. As you can see in this pic, the screw from the airbox is the one on the right. It is a coarse thread. The screws left over are fine threaded.

mike and ikes 06-16-2009 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by nekidfrog (Post 798146)
did you have side fairings off ? if so it could be screws to the front plastic behind your front wheel. there are i think 2 philips screws just like that.

so could be 2 spots... airbox or front plastic behind front wheel...

Good guess. There are four screws and two plastic insert screws on the front plastic behind the wheel. They are all there.

Now it's $10 to the first person to correctly identify them!

bwayers 06-16-2009 09:26 PM

under your seat right in front of the grab bar
they'll go through the plastic into the subframe

mike and ikes 06-16-2009 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by bwayers (Post 798481)
under your seat right in front of the grab bar
they'll go through the plastic into the subframe

Nope. Those are longer and have a black washer to go with them. These screws are shorter and I didn't find any extra washers.