F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I keep dropping my bike! GRRR

Old 05-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I keep dropping my bike! GRRR

Worse part is I'm not on it when I drop it. I'm pushing it from out of the parking space. There is a slight hill and I was backing it up and it rolled back to fast and drop. Broken brake lever and turn signal, paint scratched on fairing. First time. I backed it up out of the space, apparently it was half way down on the kickstand, a few seconds later it falls to the ground. A cracked tail fairing. I am really beating this bike up I'm so upset. Glad it isn't new. I ordered frame sliders last week and they still aren't here. Hopefully this will save me from future damage

Its in the shop now to be lowered so hopefully it I will be able to back it up myself. I just got it last week, its very discouraging. On the plus side I haven't had a problem with riding it. This is off topic but I brought Rotella T oil and gave it to the guy to change the oil and he was like you know this is for diesel engines and I said yeah but I've heard good things about it. I've used Amsoil before but I figured I would try something new. He sells Amsoil so I figured he would be a bit biased.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Default RE: I keep dropping my bike! GRRR

Stock height is pretty high, plus the width of the seat uses up a lot of leg inches. I'm 5'10 and if I'm trying to move the bike up a significant hill I often can't get enough leverage while I'm sitting on it. Then you're in the nasty situation where you've got a hill that you're not necessarily even going straight up and you have to push the bike around... It's a disaster waiting to happen.

The best advice I can give is to try to avoid these situations. Pull through a parking spot, or find one on a slight hill so you can roll backward.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:39 PM

Lean the bike towards you and walk with your legs slightly bent. And leave the kickstand down. When you think you might drop it push it onto the kickstand side. And Rottela T IS for diesal engines, why would you use this on your bike?

Old 05-30-2008, 07:53 PM

Cover the front brake when you push it around and it may help you stay in control.

And Rotella T is for diesel engines.....I've heard of people using it, but i don't see much reason to use it when there are sooo many choices designed specifically for bikes and wet clutches.......but the oil topic will open up a can of worms lol [:@]
________
Honda Nsr150Sp/Rr Specifications

Last edited by Rick619; 03-21-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:09 PM

Yeah I guess I was in a bit of a rush today. I will cover the brake from now on.

I looked on a few sites and I heard it was really good for motorcycles, a guy told me to get it last year, I forgot what it was called so I bought Amsoil. But I've never heard anything bad about it, I hear its the best. We will see, everyone has there certain oil that they love. Didn't notice anything grand with Amsoil.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:18 PM

Everyone else is just trying to be nice. Perhaps you should hit the gym a bit more. You know, beef up....maybe develop some strength or something.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:20 PM

Should have gotten a two-fifty, you wouldnt care about droppin that, and you probably wouldnt because it is much smaller. I used Rotella T in my 250. I would change it very regularly, that is a light oil. I beat on my 250 and I heard a wierd tick. Eventually screwed up a valve. If you use it, get it changed at 2 or 2.5K. You can use any oil, as long as you check the "Doughnut" on the back. It is white and black. If it says "energy conserving" it is bad. If it does not say that, and it is appropreate weight it is safe. It doesnt matter as much what oil you use, but how regularly you change it.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: mike and ikes

Everyone else is just trying to be nice. Perhaps you should hit the gym a bit more. You know, beef up....maybe develop some strength or something.
Why thank you, I'm naturally small, nothing I can do. 5'1, 110 lbs.

Should have gotten a two-fifty, you wouldnt care about droppin that, and you probably wouldnt because it is much smaller. I used Rotella T in my 250. I would change it very regularly, that is a light oil. I beat on my 250 and I heard a wierd tick. Eventually screwed up a valve. If you use it, get it changed at 2 or 2.5K. You can use any oil, as long as you check the "Doughnut" on the back. It is white and black. If it says "energy conserving" it is bad. If it does not say that, and it is appropreate weight it is safe. It doesnt matter as much what oil you use, but how regularly you change it.

Already had a ninja 250, boring after a while. I am expecting to have a few accidents, I just have to get used to it I suppose.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Training wheels??? Seriously though cover the front brake it helps keep you in control. Always have the kickstand down and think about where you are parking more.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:49 PM

Sorry to hear about your incident Sonya, but yes usually when moving it around keep your hand on the front brake if possible. In my case when moving into the garage (after weds incident with my dads car) i now have absolutely no room to even keep my hand on the handlebars to put it into the garage.

Lean the bike towards you a bit keep the kickstand down and make sure it stays where its supposed to be. I still hate the fact that your going to lower it lol, but at 5'1 there isnt much you can do huh?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I keep dropping my bike! GRRR