CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   I have absolutely no power to my 03 cbr600 f4i (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/i-have-absolutely-no-power-my-03-cbr600-f4i-155525/)

Ryan302 02-08-2017 10:38 PM

I have absolutely no power to my 03 cbr600 f4i

Hey I have a 2003 Honda cbr600 f4i I recently fix the wiring harness due to the wires melting together but when I separated them everything was fine but the only thing is that when I hit the switch the fuel pump stays at a constant prime it doesn't stop but it never really effected the bike then one day I was riding an my bike cut off I noticed I blew a 10a fuse for the starter/ignition so I put a new one in popped it every time I turned on the kill switch so I tried a 15a fuse in an it did the same thing so I put a 25a fuse then everything cut out my dash my lights everything I have no power I checked the battery an it's fine please HELP!! Any ideas

74demon 02-09-2017 09:08 AM

You have a short to ground somewhere. That's why the fuses keep blowing. Using different fuses is just asking for trouble. Once you overloaded the circuit, it now blew the 30a main fuse that everything runs through.

Check your wiring!

Ryan302 02-09-2017 01:04 PM

I checked the 30a fuse an it's fine looks a little corroded is that the only thing that can knock out the power what about the voltage rectifier can that get burned out too

Originally Posted by 74demon (Post 1302046)
You have a short to ground somewhere. That's why the fuses keep blowing. Using different fuses is just asking for trouble. Once you overloaded the circuit, it now blew the 30a main fuse that everything runs through.

Check your wiring!

74demon 02-09-2017 02:48 PM

Did yo check the 30a main fuse? It's not in the fuse box...

boredandstroked 02-09-2017 03:58 PM

If the wires melted together then everything is far from fine. I'd be looking at replacing wires or even getting a whole new harness depending on extent of damage.

Ryan302 02-09-2017 04:33 PM

I found the 30a fuse an replaced it an I got power an then I put a nother 10a fuse in the for the starter an ignition fuse box hit the switch an it started right up??it didn't pop but when I cut the fuel pump on its still at a steady prim it doesn't stop an the result is making my bike huff out black smoke when I rev it it doesnt want to stay running when it's warmed up I have to keep giving it gas to stay running an it likes to backfire quite a bit

Originally Posted by boredandstroked (Post 1302061)
If the wires melted together then everything is far from fine. I'd be looking at replacing wires or even getting a whole new harness depending on extent of damage.

Ryan302 02-09-2017 04:49 PM

An I never had these problems before the fuel pump stared going at a steady prim what can it be to cause the fuel pump not to cut off when it's done priming could it still be a ground or is there wires still melted together somewhere if there is what wires could be touching.or you think it could be the ecu

Originally Posted by boredandstroked (Post 1302061)

Ryan302 02-09-2017 07:37 PM

Any ideas on why my fuel pump is at a constant prime

boredandstroked 02-10-2017 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan302 (Post 1302065)
or is there wires still melted together somewhere if there is what wires could be touching

This. What caused enough heat in the beggining to melt the wires together?

Ryan302 02-10-2017 12:36 PM

It was my fault I didn't place the wires in the right spot an my gastank pinched them against the frame an overtime it broke threw the plastic an they touched an melted together I separated them an everything an it was fine but the fuel pump wasn't turning on I looked an relized the main fuse for the pump near the batery 20a was blown I put another one in there an it blew it so I put a 25a in there an it worked but that's when it started doing a steady prime I took out the 25 an put a 20 back in it didn't blow it but it was still at a steady prime