CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   I had a day (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/i-had-day-103403/)

Junior2552 11-21-2009 10:45 AM

I had a day

today where every cage I came across tried to kill me. For anybody that lives in Northeast, Ohio, I was on the corner of Pleasant Valley, and Broadview, and the driver behind me was more in depth with her text conversation than the motorcyclist in front of her she slammed on her brakes, didn't hit me. So I went down into the valley for some peaceful, cage-less riding in the twisties, and on Canal Rd, a car quite literally just did not stop, and after my experience on Broadview, I decided to look in my mirrors while stopped, which I do occasionally anyways.

As I looked behind me, I saw that bmw grille that can't be mistaken for anything else.. I have a bmw, and a subaru and know for a fact bmws don't stop that fast...so I kicked down into first gear, let the clutch go and booked it to the right. the 3 series went THROUGH the red light, slamming on his brakes and into the intersection...

I can tell it's gonna be a bad day after this, I'm going home. On the Corner of Wallings and McCreary, a Hummer pulled out to turn left in front of me.. but don't worry.. there were cars in the opposite lane, so she came to the conclusion that stopping in the right lane to wait was a viable option. used my braking knowledge to the best of my ability, and low and behold boys, my first stoppie...

made it home safe, and sorry for the novel, just though i would share my tale with the only people who understand how infuriating that stuff is. any newbies reading.. always wear your gear, whether it's grocery store runs, or 150 miles, wear your gear! always be aware of who's around you, and who probably can't see you. i'm done ranting =) have a good day guys

asill 11-21-2009 11:25 AM

Sorry to hear that bro. Glad you made it home ok. Its the same thing here in New Jersey. The drivers just plain SUCK. I live 3.2 miles from work. I was on my way home from work with 2 miles left to go. In those two miles, I got cut off 3 times by the same lady, she almost ran me off the road once, and two people turned in front of me, resulting in stoppies as well. I understand how pissed off you could be and when to know when to call it quits before you get hurt.

Da11en47 11-21-2009 08:29 PM

I use to not wear my gear at all really, now I do.

People are ridiculous. One time this person had the nerve to pass me IN THE SAME LANE, he passed me and I sped up to him and looked at him and shook my head and took off away from him.

People tail gating me pisses me off the worst. I try and get away from these people as fast as I can.

Whats a stoppie by the way?

Kuroshio 11-21-2009 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Da11en47 (Post 859084)
I use to not wear my gear at all really, now I do.

People are ridiculous. One time this person had the nerve to pass me IN THE SAME LANE, he passed me and I sped up to him and looked at him and shook my head and took off away from him.

People tail gating me pisses me off the worst. I try and get away from these people as fast as I can.

Whats a stoppie by the way?

He hit his front brake hard enough the bike went up on just the front tire.

2H company 11-21-2009 10:33 PM

WOW :icon_eek: (speechless)

jpanside@gmail.com 11-22-2009 12:25 AM

thats why i carry rocks and chuck it at their windshield

joelacer 11-22-2009 03:26 AM

Haha jpanside your comment had me literally LOL'ing, which rarely happens I might add. Personally, I just go w/kicking their doors as I go by.

regener8ed 11-22-2009 07:52 AM

yep. seems like those days it's never just one, it's everybody. just relieved to make it home sometimes. we don't have cell phone laws here (yet) and the roads are chock full of distracted drivers - i get totally frustrated by their stupidity even when i'm in my cage.

ATGATT.

Zero1080 11-22-2009 08:39 AM

I normally just casually follow them, until we hit a light, and I just roll up and make sure they know what they did. I try not to get angry unless it's a blatant maneuver.

One day I remember, this older woman made a right hand turn WAY too late in front of me. I didn't have anywhere to go to get into the left lane, so I passed her riding the shoulder. At the light I just stayed in the right turn lane, ask her if she saw me, and told her what happened, and I thought she was gonna cry. I doubt she'll miss a bike next time.

raylee 11-22-2009 09:03 AM

Only a couple times have I really been mad enough to get physical while on the bike (one time a guy actually SPIT OUT HIS WINDOW as he cut me off knowing it would hit me). Back when I was into car racing and would follow bikes hitting it on the street, I never realized how irritating it could be when I didn't understand what it was like to be on a bike, then again, sometimes the bikes actually got a kick out of letting me try and then dusting me on highways (which I now understand the appeal of :lol:)

If you've got a smoked mask, I find it intimidates car drivers like hell when you just pull up next to them an stare them down. The number of times I've done just that at lights and had the cars wait for me to leave first, even if they had to wait 10 seconds after the light changed.