F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I can't find a manual! (Fairing removal is what I need)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't find a manual! (Fairing removal is what I need)

Geez. I've been looking everywhere for a manual for the 06 F4i. I can only find 01-03. Chlymer (spelling?) chilton and haynes... can't find 1 that has the book for my bike.

I downloaded a manual online, like an actual honda manual, but it's for the 01-03. UGH! I going to be doing my flush mounts tomorrow on the front and need to know the proper way to take the fairings off. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:13 AM

That manual should work for you. I don't believe there are any differences between the years besides the seats and rear fairing.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Remove the two plastic retainers that connect the two side fairings together at the bottom.
Remove the two phillips headed screws that hold the lower V to the side fairing.
Remove the two plastic retainers that hold the lower V to the upper fairing and side fairing.
Remove the lower V fairing piece.
Remove the three allen headed bolts that connect the side fairing to the upper fairing.
Remove the three allen headed bolts that hold the fairing to the frame.
Remove the side fairing.

Reverse to install, really easy. As soon as you remove the side fairings you can reach the blinker mount without having to take off the upper fairing. And yeah, the only changes between the 01-03 f4i's and the later models is the rear subframe, seats, undertail, rear taillight and tail fairing, for some reason they decided the 01-03's looked too cool and they needed to add a banana seat for the later models, most likely to differentiate it from the RR's. An 01-03 manual will work for you, mechanically speaking they are identical.
Kick *** guys, thanks. I really thought that's what it was.. i mean they all look the same except for the rear. I'll get on that tonight! Got some smoke colored flush mounts to install.

On a side note, know where to get a nice fender eliminater in the rear? The only pictures I ever find are from the side, and it looks like they take the stock blinkers and mount them upside down. That looks pretty freakin' ugly if you ask me.

on another side note. I'm going to do my best to get a new rear end for the bike. I know there's quite a bit of stuff to change around, but it just looks so much better.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:35 PM

ya im pretty sure terror rising is right and for those doing a search to find a manual here check this out
http://www.marcelsangil.net/Service_Manuals/Index.html

Old 04-21-2009, 01:43 PM

Here is a link to where I got mine.

http://www.themotorbookstore.com/honcb19.html

I got my rear end from Competition Werks. http://secure.compwerkes.com/Categor...3Ahonda%3A2006

They were professional and their product installed perfectly.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:45 PM

What about taking off the rear? Is that the same.. even though the seats are different? I know it has a different sub frame right?

I have a strand of LEDs that I want to install on the rear and on the front. I'm going to splice the wires and make my own so they aren't all bunched up.

If removing the rear is just like in an 01-03 then I should have no problems..

Edit: Thanks for the link to the Clymer manual. gonna pick that up soon.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, if you gotta ask how to take off the fairings, you better leave the wrenches in the toolbox.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:27 AM

unless its mechanical work i dont think u need a manual for the fairings?
shouldnt be TOO much of a difference, if anything tho

Quick Reply: I can't find a manual! (Fairing removal is what I need)