F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

HRC power-up Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HRC power-up Kit?

Would it be worth while to just put the cams in the bike and leave the rest stock if you already have a pipe and PC? I was told you shouldnt get cams untill you have aftermarket headers...I only have a slip-on

Old 02-28-2008, 02:00 PM

well, if you add a larger cam, your increasing the rate and amount of air being ingulfed and removed from the motor. WIth a stock header, the new cams pulse rate may not match the length/design/diameter of the stock header setup. However, the same can be said about aftermarket headers.

However, generally speaking, if your going to do a cam upgrade, you should also do a header swap to better deal, thus yield, more power since your increasing, according to the cam spec, the amount of air being removed out of the motor.

Are there any company's that do head intake porting and cam swaps for the f4i?

Old 02-28-2008, 03:21 PM

ya if u put a cam upgrade and dont do the headers its almost like your bottle necking it. yes there are companys that port and do the cam swap for ya. when i get home from work ill send you the link

Old 02-28-2008, 07:07 PM

Heh, its funny the lengths people are willing to go to to make there F4i's serious race machines rather than part with them for a newer bike. Rock on.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Exitwounds

Heh, its funny the lengths people are willing to go to to make there F4i's serious race machines rather than part with them for a newer bike. Rock on.
its all bout love for your machinery. hell ive invested more money in my car to buy a 40k sports car but i didnt. all about what ur happy with i love my f4i and wont part with it so ill keep investign money into it to make it what i want. but i will buy a 848 when i get some more money. plus why buy a new bike and it be set up diff than not its liek changing a girlfriend. would you change your girlfriend if somethign better was out there cuz u dont wanna spend the time and effort on somethign you already have

Old 02-28-2008, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: devlzluv

its all bout love for your machinery. hell ive invested more money in my car to buy a 40k sports car but i didnt. all about what ur happy with i love my f4i and wont part with it so ill keep investign money into it to make it what i want. but i will buy a 848 when i get some more money. plus why buy a new bike and it be set up diff than not its liek changing a girlfriend. would you change your girlfriend if somethign better was out there cuz u dont wanna spend the time and effort on somethign you already have
I was just thought it was cool. Im the same way, I would rather pump moneyinto my F4i than a new RR. To be honest I prolly wont sell this bike even when I get a new one.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: devlzluv

I was just thought it was cool. Im the same way, I would rather pump moneyinto my F4i than a new RR. To be honest I prolly wont sell this bike even when I get a new one.

I'm with ya 100% I don't think i would sell this bike either. If i were to get another bike Right now, i think i would also get a 848 or the new 1000rr... that ducati is just sexy and well, the new 1kcbr should be hell on two wheels!

Old 02-29-2008, 07:17 PM

I was actually alittle surprised to see just how well the 1000rr did when put against the GSR-X, R1 and ZX-10R(?). It beat them all in time around a track. I guess I was surprised because everything I had ever read and heard said Honda was the best all around for comfort, durability, reliability, etc, but beaing the fastest was never its title.