F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

How to stay Sane through winter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to stay Sane through winter?

I actually think the 50's is very comfortable for riding. I put on an under T, a T shirt, my hoodie, and my Joe Rocket kevlar, pair of long johns, pair of jeans, two pairs of socks, my AS gloves, and I'm out the door. Very nice, never cold, actually get's warm, but I'm the type of guy that would rather be a bit warm, than the slightest bit cold. Here in MI, it usually starts going up to the 50's around March, but we still got all that snow on the ground. Then we get some freak days where it's 50 one week, then we drop to the low 30's, get some snow, then the ground is covered and wet for another few weeks.

Time to move down south.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:15 PM

hell i ride everyday....
but then again I live in north florida

Old 12-21-2005, 02:20 PM

well i hate to say this but i live west palm beach fl it is like 65-70 deg but my bike is dead the motor blew up but i have warrenty something happened and it was not my fault

Old 12-21-2005, 02:41 PM

Sorry guys . . . . . i'd be playing MotoGP or something to keep your mind sane, here in cali I can ride year round (but in the mornings it's like high 40's)

Old 12-21-2005, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

ORIGINAL: virtualbong

Its killin' me too man. What's worse is that I started riding just before it got too cold, so I'm on my honeymoon phase still. Even if there's a nice day out, I can't go for a ride because I stored the bike at a dealership.
Why did you put your bike up at a dealership? Just wondering what kind of deal they gave you.
I didn't have a garage to put it in and they were only charging $30 a month to store in a heated garage and winterize it for me. And I thought it was a good way to build a relationship with the dealership. My bro purchased his bike from them and the owner is a good guy, so we wanted to have them be the people we deal with. We had gone to them before to inspect my old bike and the guys there were really cool.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:30 PM

My bike is down for a week or so till I get my new battery via UPS. I killed my old one Saturday running around with the high beams on and the revs too low to charge it, cause the roads were wet. I'm really jones'in to get back on it, it'as supposed to be in the 50's here all weekend! Since gas spiked I've rode every day except for rain or snow.

Ed Teller
2002 F4i
PC II
M4 high mount
Galfer brakes
etc., etc.,,,,

Old 12-21-2005, 08:37 PM

I just had surgery yesterday (had my gall bladder taken out), but I plan on riding tomorrow and Friday. It's supposed to be 50 and 53 respectively here in St. Louis.

I have been riding down into the 20's. I have heated gear and just keep the RPM's up so that I don't run down the battery. It makes a world of difference, you don't even know it's cold out.

Old 12-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

stay sane when you can't ride the bike? find something else to ride!...

Old 12-22-2005, 07:17 AM

i think the coldest ive ever went out on my bike was 13....yeah i filled up my bike yesterday and i play on rideing to work......it will be in the 50s!!!

Old 12-23-2005, 01:28 AM

Yea well im up here in chicago where the wind chill would be enough to freeze anything in a matter of minutes. Ive thought about going out down the street, but i believe we get the most salt deposit on our streets over any other city. it would be like riding on gravel. im waiting for that damn Tourist Trophey game to come out, that would be the closest thing to reality. Anybody else Snowboard?

Quick Reply: How to stay Sane through winter?