F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

How to mod tail?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to mod tail?

Hi all,

First of all I want to sorry for my english, it's not my native language, so it's really bad

Here is my question:
I just bought my cbr600 f4i'02 with banana seat. Greate bike But there is one tail part I really hate - it's plate "holder". I wish to remove it, so I need to find a new place for blinkers and seat lock. Any ideas? Anyone had such expirience?

Thanks.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Default ugly tail

For the blinkers you can intergrate them into the back light I see the kits on line alot bikebandit.com or babbittsonline.com as for the plate holder anything goes you can get an under tail that will hold turn signals, plate and leds that I found at auto zone so I dont have to find a dealer thats nice.Or you can zip tie the plate make your own mount its not that hard just check on your laws some say you need a light over your plate I dont have one and have not had a problem.With some of the undertails you may not need to mess with the seat lock I will check how I did mine I dont have the lock but I cant remember what I did I am sure it was easy.Think about the split tail its not as comfortable but in my opinion it looks better.I think an undertail is the best option they make the bike look cleaner and they have proper hook ups for lights and puts your plate in a legal spot (most of the time).Hope this helps.I will look on fri at my rear seat and send you pics if you want on how mine looks inside and out.View my album.cbr-rob

Old 04-09-2009, 12:29 AM

Thanks Rob, I'll wait for your pics, i think this helps.
I don't care about a plates, we have a bit complicated law, so in some cases I'll have to pay really small fine