CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   How Many Colors Is To Many (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/how-many-colors-many-103706/)

__Z__ 12-02-2009 04:14 PM

How Many Colors Is To Many

After rethinking my colors im using and already have for my bike here is my idea (i was going pearl white but realized its to common) so instead i was thinking....

all fairings and tank satin black, stator cover and engine cover satin black

i have a polished frame and swing arm and dont feel like having them painted so go ahead and have my wheels sand blasted and polish them as well

okay so i got to thinking and im not really a bling bling kinda guy i wanna have some razzle here and dazzle there so i was thinking about getting mirror chrome decals but thought to myself that would like like a ghetto bling mo bike... excuse my termonology....

so what if i were to do a mirror red f4i decals

and i have a few hints of carbon fiber here and there.... carbon fiber undertail, carbon fiber windscreen, carbon fiber handles... just nick nack stuff....

would that work or do u think ide be clashing to many colors?

thanks for the input guys

Zero1080 12-02-2009 04:50 PM

I'll I got out of that was "I think I'm going to put so much **** on my bike, it's going to be tacky." I'd just keep it simple. I like the color scheme, but personally HATE chrome. I think the red decals would look very cool on a red bike, but don't go chroming and mirroring anything, for the love of god.

__Z__ 12-02-2009 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Zero1080 (Post 862134)
I'll I got out of that was "I think I'm going to put so much **** on my bike, it's going to be tacky." I'd just keep it simple. I like the color scheme, but personally HATE chrome. I think the red decals would look very cool on a red bike, but don't go chroming and mirroring anything, for the love of god.

If you read more thorough its saying i dont wanna put a bunch of **** on my bike..... im talking about polishing my wheels.... not chroming them.... i justa wanted to know if satin black, polished aluminum, carbon fiber and mirror red go together..... i like things clean but i dont wanna be boring

Zero1080 12-03-2009 02:59 AM

Ah, yeah, sorry about the "****" comment. I just use it loosely to mean "stuff". I think it would. But I'm just not sure about the mirror red.

gotcbr 12-03-2009 01:14 PM

I say do what you want, the way you like it...& forget about what others think.

Bently600 12-03-2009 01:15 PM

ya, mirror red is a bad idea.

satin black with the polished stuff would look good... but black bikes are WAY more common than anything else (even pearl white).

Do you only like white/black? what about a crazy blue or something?

__Z__ 12-03-2009 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bently600 (Post 862401)
ya, mirror red is a bad idea.

satin black with the polished stuff would look good... but black bikes are WAY more common than anything else (even pearl white).

Do you only like white/black? what about a crazy blue or something?

black bikes yes but black f4i's no.... plus satin black isnt just black its a BAD @$$ black.....

__Z__ 12-03-2009 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr (Post 862399)
I say do what you want, the way you like it...& forget about what others think.

i agree but im having a hard time picturing the combination in my head and im sure other may have seen what this combo would look like.....

so im just asking for some in put

RojerLockless 12-03-2009 03:33 PM

Anything will look better then white, that's so 2001 i'm soooo tired of it

__Z__ 12-03-2009 03:55 PM

thanks for the support lockless