F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

How low is this??

Old 04-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How low is this??

What's up everyone. I bought an 02' F4i awhile back, and it was already lowered. Ever since I got it I have been thinking about getting it raised back up to stock specs, if that's possible. I snapped some pics and I would like to try get some feedback from you guys to see just about how lowered you think it really is front and rear. Something else that fits in with this question is, I just bought a set of stands (DMP) and the front stand is hitting the bottom flat part of the upper fairing right below the headlights. Is this just beacause the bike it too damn low? The link to the pics are below, there is a few pics showing what I'm talking about with the stand as well.

Thanks is advance.
-scott.

http://flickr.com/photos/25267968@N0...7604592416091/

::Edited::
After searching some more, I know what I need todo, but I'd rather not try myself. I think it's going to the stealership for that =\
But I am still curious about that front stand, it IS just to low right?

Old 04-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Default RE: How low is this??

well the front doesnt look too low. stock height is when the top of the fork tube sits flush with the top of the clipons. it looks like yours might be sticking out a little bit more.... the stand problem could be related to that, your stand could not be fit very well for your bike, or your front forks need more preload.

as for the rear, im not too familiar with what the aftermarket links look like, but that is how people usually lower the rear by replacing those (aka the "dogbone"). hopefully someone else can identify if that is the stock rear link or not.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it isn't the stock link. you can get the stock link on bikebandit.com. The front doesnt seem lowered (take a closeup of the top of the forks)
if you just lower the back like that it will also change riding position!
you can do it yourself but it will take effort rather than skill (and a torque wrench)

Old 04-17-2008, 04:34 PM

The link on the rear shock sure doesn't look like the one I have on mine. Mine is stock height.

Take ampfp's advice and get the stock link.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:56 PM

Here's a pic of the top. http://flickr.com/photos/25267968@N0...7604592416091/
So, if the front is NOT lowered at all, that means the previous owner dropped just the rear, isn't that a bad idea to lower just rear or front like that? I would love to have it back factory, even though I'm rather short heh.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:20 PM

How much "lean" does it have when u put the kick stand down. If it is almost straight up....I bet its dropped about 2 inches......Look under the bike "dead center", just between the two lower fairings.....That dog bone or whatever u wanna call it...Its probably dropped right there....=-)

Old 04-17-2008, 05:29 PM

i think you should raise it back up for sure. the bike looks dumb as hell with it lowered like that. in my opinion bikes only look cool lowered if they are stretched as well. besides its definately not that safe to have it lowered like that. just my .02

Old 04-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

lol yeah the *** end looks stupid, must have been a short chick or fat guy riding that bike

Old 04-17-2008, 11:55 PM

yea dont worry about the front, thats fine. it does screw up the geometry of the bike a bit when you lower it, so i would suggest putting it back to stock like everyone else said.

as for your stand, my t-rex stand barely slides into my triple without hitting the fairing, so its hard to tell if yours hits because the rear is lowered or if its the stand...

Old 04-18-2008, 06:03 PM

Alright, well it looks like I'm going to be ordering a stock dogbone from bikebandit.com then. I really want to see how much better it feels after it's back stock. =D thanks for the advice guys.
-scott.

Search this Thread