F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

How HOT is your f4i

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How HOT is your f4i

Hi,

Summer is here and California weather is warming up.
I'm feeling a lot of heat (not the cops, although that could be another problem ) from my 02 f4i, the seat is like a frying pan, and
the hot air from the exhaust and the engine is like an oven.

Is this normal for the f4? How hot does your bike get? Any ideas on how to reduce the heat?

Thanks

Old 06-03-2005, 08:59 PM
Default RE: How HOT is your f4i

Im feeling your pain man i live in phoenix where it has already hit 115. My temps get up to a high of about 215 and i was wondering if there was something i could do to. Im going to wire a fan switch so i can control when it comes on but is there anything else?

Old 06-05-2005, 02:19 PM

I haven't been able to ride too much, alot of rain in pa, but the days i have IT'S HOT!!!!
my fan always kicks on when i come to a stop sign or light. temps here are only around 80, but the humitiy kills.
its hard to wear the gear needed to be safe. i don;t know of anything yet to make the ride cooler.
But if i hear of anything i'll let y'all know.
Bye[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 06-05-2005, 07:51 PM

whats up. Im in upstate new york, today it was around 85 degrees and my bike got up to 230 as I sat at a light. I was baking in my black riding jacket- even though its mesh. I think the manual says the bike can hit up to 260 before the malfunction light will come on. Really hot days like 90 plus, take the car, crank the AC. For days like today Im considering losing the jacket but I cant ride in shorts the way I see a lot of guys around here doing. It just dont seem right.

Old 06-07-2005, 12:30 AM

90?!?Man i would love that. Down here in mid-georgia try 100+ with killer *** humidty...mine gets to 220 and hangs around there.. as far as my legs they proubly get to 185 before i have to find a backroad and cool them down. had to lose the riding gear ive been down before and swear by it but at 195lbs ill have a heat stroke first wearing it....

Old 06-09-2005, 12:17 AM

mindz you definally can't wear gear in weather like that. you couln't even enjoy the ride. Sometimes when humidity is so bad it's hard for me to breathe....try to say cool. later[&:]

Old 06-09-2005, 12:56 AM

When it gets that hot here I leave my bike parked just for that reason. I would rather drive my car than sweat my ***** off at the stoplights.

Old 06-09-2005, 01:36 AM

ORIGINAL: tjiq
I'm feeling a lot of heat (not the cops, although that could be another problem ) from my 02 f4i, the seat is like a frying pan, and
the hot air from the exhaust and the engine is like an oven.

Is this normal for the f4? How hot does your bike get? Any ideas on how to reduce the heat?
I am from Chicago, and I feel the same thing on my bike after a while stuck in traffic in any weather. At stoplights the temp reads 230° and stays there when the fan comes on, then once I start moving the temp drops to around 180-200°. I drive mine to work most days.

After a long ride, the tank and seat will get warm to the touch, but not enough to burn me. The exhaust will burn however, and I can usually feel hot air blowing past my legs, even while moving. From all that I can tell, this is normal because the bike doesn't run bad or sound bad at that high a temp. I have heard that these bikes are good to 260° as well.

It seems like nothing to worry about.