CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   How To: HID Install F4i Specific (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/how-hid-install-f4i-specific-105204/)

silverstonef4i 01-24-2010 06:22 PM

How To: HID Install F4i Specific

5 Attachment(s)
A lot of people have asked for a F4i specific on installing a HID kit so here it goes..first how to so bare with me...and thanks 2H Company i borrowed some pics..this is a DDM Tuning 35watt 6k kit

First move the bike and shop tools into your dinning room because its 25 degrees in your garage :icon_razz:

Attachment 58702

Next step was to remove current headlight harness, dust cover, and bulb...followed by the whole front fairing assembly.. you dont have to but makes life much easier

In order for the rubber seal on the HID kit to fit nicely you will have to trim the factory dust cover slightly also the black spacers will need to be cut off.. you dont need them.. install the HID bulb first to avoid any damage..goes in just as a factory bulb would

Attachment 58703

This is optional but i found it much easier to tuck all the wiring in the dust cover.. the stock harness is bulky and with a little patience you can remove the wires from the harness without any damage to either and connect them that way

Attachment 58704

Connect the stock wires to the HID kit for the power..Blue/White to red..these are your power wires and Green to Black these are your ground..insulate well..i taped and used some shrink tubing and tuck behind your dust cover

this is what it should look like

Attachment 58705

from here the kit is all plug in play with the ballasts and the ignitors..you will need to find a place to hide them and secure them..i forgot to take a picture but i did it very similar to 2H Company as shown

Attachment 58706

Reinstall everything and make sure all is secure.. a few added black zipties made sure my kit doesnt move.. I got excited and didnt take any pictures when i was done because it was 50 degrees so i went for a ride...yes it was 25 out when i started and 50 when i was done..welcome to indiana..hope this helps and feel free to add or ask questions...thanks for the borrowed pics 2H

datru 01-24-2010 07:33 PM

Hehe thanks for the pics and write-up. I guess if anything, the bike is an extra dinner seat.

Zero1080 01-24-2010 08:53 PM

Thanks for posting it the day before I get my kit. Apparently my PayPal took two weeks to clear with DDM. Go figure.

Is there any trick for the front fairing assembly? I plan on taking mine all the way off. What screws do you have to take out to minimize work to the rest of the bike.

silverstonef4i 01-24-2010 09:23 PM

not really..take the mirrors off, 3 fairing bolts on each side, intake covers and two in the wheel well.. i think thats all but i could be missing a few...putting back is a little tricky by yourself but doable..just be patient

Zero1080 01-24-2010 10:06 PM

Alright, thanks man. I'm getting it tomorrow, so I'll post up the results and some pics by weeks end.

John Cu 01-24-2010 10:39 PM

Hey silver, nice write up, why dont you put some pics with the lights on, or lighting the road??...

Zero1080 01-25-2010 09:11 AM

^There are some threads with those already, just search for em!

I'll be installing mine tonight!

silverstonef4i 01-25-2010 11:31 AM

Yea i was concerned about getting a little ride in then taking pics... but there are plenty of pics on here..cant wait to get them out at night but that will have to wait..zero let me know if you have any questions.. its pretty easy but ill check later if you have questions

Sick97SS 01-25-2010 11:35 AM

I hope you dump oil all over your crappy colts rug. :icon_teeth:

But nice pics man. I like the floodlight in the kitchen as well.

Zero1080 01-25-2010 06:15 PM

I didn't take pictures, cause I was totally focused on the install. Following the instructions above are perfect, all I have to do is tidy up the wires a bit above the fender. Taking the wires out of the original harness, and tucking them by the bulb behind the dust cover is definitely the way to do it.

I'll try and take some pictures if I remember, but man I LOVE how the 35w, dual bulb 6000k looks. The low beam in the kit is just as bright, if not brighter than the original high beam. Plus, when you add the new high beam, I'm sure to become hated on the roads ;)