F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

how do you take off the back seat? 02 F4i

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how do you take off the back seat? 02 F4i

A newbie calling another one an idiot. Comedy. Here's the old saying again:
If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all(aka please stfu).

Old 04-20-2007, 11:55 AM

ORIGINAL: motonewbie

wow you are an idiot
go play in traffic

Old 04-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: TeknikalOne

A newbie calling another one an idiot. Comedy. Here's the old saying again:
If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all(aka please stfu).
exactly! im new to riding aswell and im sure i'll post up some pretty common sense stuff....but i'll be sure to search up the topic heavily before doing so. but if you're new to this, then you have to learn somehow. thats what i like about THIS forum. im on a few other forums aswell and this by far has the most useful information on it w/ people willing to help you out rather than call you a dumbass for asking something stupid and simple.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:18 PM

ebear, just to make u feel a little better. When i first began rebuilding my bike (i bought a salvage) I had a guy there who has worked on bikes for years. He is literally an engine genius, he use to have his own dragster. He knows everything about this **** i swear, and it took him about 15 minutes to figure out how to get off the back seat.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Gizmo
this is actually pretty easy. you have to unscrew the frony seat and then take a long thin sturdy pole and push the lever over to the rear seat and it should pop right out. had to do this yesterday.
so mine didnt pop up and I've been battling this for a few days now. the key doesnt turn and the rear doesnt pop up. any other ideas?

Old 06-04-2018, 07:45 PM
Default F4i backseat

Originally Posted by 929rr1983
so mine didnt pop up and I've been battling this for a few days now. the key doesnt turn and the rear doesnt pop up. any other ideas?
so im not sure if your still battling this issue, but if you can get the front seat off and use a light to look in there, take a long flathead screwdriver(12inches) and where the cable connects to the locking mechanism(not the key port. The other side) push that to your right which would be the left side of the bike if your looking towards the tail end, and once you have a good grasp on that, while holding it open pull the back seat from the back up and it will slide right off, a lazy fix to your cable not working fgt I decided to do until I can get a smaller cable, was pull the cable out of the key hole side and attach a zip tie tight to the end of that, then attach another zip tie to that zip tie but do not tighten it all the way, leave about a 1-2 inch loop, then take a third zip tie and tighten it all the way, the cut all the tails of the zip ties except the final one and slide the tail of that one in by the front seat. I have mine hanging out a little bit so I can get to it without taking the front seat off, then you can just pull the zip tie when you want the back seat off. Hope this helps out!!