CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   How do you set this stupid clock? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/how-do-you-set-stupid-clock-151546/)

jaded13640 04-10-2014 02:44 PM

How do you set this stupid clock?

I've got an 04 CBR600F4i.

I've got a PDF service manual but I can't find anything in there on setting the clock.

How do you do it?

Thanks,

Wayne

74demon 04-10-2014 03:12 PM

Download the owners manual. The button sequence to set it is in there.

thirdgenlxi 04-10-2014 07:18 PM

Key on, press and hold both buttons until clock starts flashing. Use reset button (bottom one) to change hours, press top button to switch to minutes and use reset button again to change the minutes. Press the top button again and it's all set

stephon218 04-11-2014 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by jaded13640 (Post 1270520)
I've got an 04 CBR600F4i.

I've got a PDF service manual but I can't find anything in there on setting the clock.

How do you do it?

Thanks,

Wayne

Dont worry, we have all been there. Disminds demon he is just cranky because he hasnt had his moring coco. ;)

Originally Posted by thirdgenlxi (Post 1270539)
Key on, press and hold both buttons until clock starts flashing. Use reset button (bottom one) to change hours, press top button to switch to minutes and use reset button again to change the minutes. Press the top button again and it's all set

:icon_goodpost:

jaded13640 04-12-2014 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by thirdgenlxi (Post 1270539)

Hmmmm, I thought I tried that. I may have been trying it with the key off because I was afraid I'd reset the trip guages.

Thanks for the link to the manual. I'll download it and keep it with my service manual.

Stephon, no biggie, I didn't think he was being grumpy. He linked me all I needed and more. Granted the procedure for setting the clock was all I was asking. I commonly do the same thing. Rather than typing out how to do a timing belt on an 04 chrysler 3.5 I'll link them a site that tells em how to do it.

No offense was taken.

Thanks guys,

Wayne

PS, went on the first long ride yesterday. Long being about 90 miles. I saw an idiot drift lanes into a truck one lane over from me and they hit. I could actually feel the debris hitting me as I went by.

Other than that it was an awesome ride. At one point I looked down and was doing around 90 and noticed there wasn't anyone in front of me for quite a ways, same in back so I layed on it for a few seconds. It got to 130 a lot faster than I thought it would. I'm guessing it might make 150 or a touch more before running out of steam but I'm not going to test it. I had only planned on hitting 120 -125 tops for an instant and then let off. I was surprised when I looked down and saw 129 and then 130 so I lifted. It's insane how fast these bike are now. I had a 79 CBX. The fastest production bike of the year and boy was I surprised when my 95 750 Suzuki was much much faster. This one would blow the doors off the Sazuk. Amazing. Only 600 cc's and way faster than an 1100 with two more cylinders.