F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

How difficult to match factory paint?

Old 06-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How difficult to match factory paint?

Whats up everyone Im doing the 01/03 tail conversion. I have a 06 blue f4i, now my questions are the shop I took it to said that the honda paint is hard to prefect but they can get it close, is this true? I figured they could just buy it. Next question there is a crack in the tail they said they would paint and fix it for 260 is this reasonable ?
Thanks alot

Old 06-20-2007, 03:55 PM
Default RE: How difficult to match factory paint?

My paint guy said the same thing about matching the honda paint I geuss that for some reason its a little difficult.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:04 PM

i can buy a brand new tail section(factory painted) for $230.00 from my dealer through their website, crotchrocket.com. i bought a whole front cowl and its exactly 100% perfect in color
otherwise,i did purchase some paint for a ninja i had from my local kawi dealer. it was also exactly the right color, BUT it cost $37.00 for one 12 oz. spray can

Old 06-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The color is hard to match because Honda uses a special base cote that is hard to duplicate with just a top coat color. Go to colorrite.com and order from them, take the paint to the guy that is going to fix yo **** and save the problem of being off a few shades. Colorrite isa perfect match

Old 06-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres the link to the paint you need, make sure you buy the base coat along with the top cote if your color requires it. http://www.colorrite.com/CRPLfactory...imageField.y=4

Old 06-20-2007, 07:25 PM

much appreciated thanks guys

Old 06-21-2007, 01:04 PM

sounds alot but wouldnt it be easier to get a new rear cowl(tail) that is black at about that price.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:59 PM

My paint guy matched my factory paint perfectly. It is the pearl fadeless white. Looks like it came from the factory. He did an awsome job. It all depends how the paint is sprayed and the quality of paint used. Just find a well known body shop that has a good reputation

Old 06-21-2007, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: xtremef4i

My paint guy matched my factory paint perfectly. It is the pearl fadeless white. Looks like it came from the factory. He did an awsome job. It all depends how the paint is sprayed and the quality of paint used. Just find a well known body shop that has a good reputation

That's exacty right . My paint guy didn't want anything to do with colorrite for some reason. He used the code and mixed the paint himself . He said "colorrite or not , spray too long its darker, too little its lighter" ( In this guy's case I think it depended on how many dubies he had in him) At any rate, the results speak for themselves because I sought out the guy with the best reputation. Good luck.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:54 PM

how much did the body shops charge you to get the piece painted.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How difficult to match factory paint?