CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   how can i find out my finance's (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/how-can-i-find-out-my-finances-81048/)

buddy08 10-22-2008 03:40 PM

how can i find out my finance's

i want to get an F4i this spring but have no help from my parents. i need to find out how to look up insurance on a bike with my credit and age and stuff. whats the best way to find out all your finances so i can own a bike comfortably.

how did you all do it when you started?

moldousa 10-22-2008 03:57 PM

RE: how can i find out my finance's

just go to a local dealer and get some quotes about the price.
and insurance- it depends if you have a clean record, and what kind of coverage do you want, just go online to:
geico.com
progresive.com
allstate.com
and choose your coverages and get your estimate...
I personally paid cash for my f4i, and have bassic liability+unninsured motorist coverages, and totales 450$ a year at geico.

Xx New Guy xX 10-22-2008 04:04 PM

also, some states have small insurance companies that provide great rates - I'm paying right around $400/year for full coverage with a local company

Jaybird180 10-22-2008 04:39 PM

This is a very smart approach you're taking. Seems your parent underestimate your maturity.

I suggest you take a look at some basic books on financial planning and such. 3 books I can recommend off the top of my head are:

Rich Dad, Poor Dad
The Richest Man in Babylon
Think, And Grow Rich

moldousa 10-22-2008 04:50 PM

rich dad,poor dad[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Stephens 10-22-2008 04:59 PM

Go get some quotes, get like 5 different local quotes and 5 from national companies. I pay 22.00 a month full coverage. I am 35 multi car discount, multi policy discount, 1 speeding ticket and one accident. Farm Bureau in Nebraska.

If you can't afford the insurance you won't be able to afford the bike. If you have a loan, you will have to have full coverage.

StrikeAnywhere 10-22-2008 05:09 PM

Avoid Geico and Progressive ifat all possible. If you or your family already has a relationship with an insurance company like Nationwide or another reputable agency then get a quote from them. If you can afford to pay an extra $100 or so on an insurance policy that can make a world of difference over the bargain policies.

An F4i is still a fast bike even if it is an older model, good luck.

Oh yeah, everything is going to be about 10% more expensive than what you plan for.

blndweasel 10-22-2008 05:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Stephens

Go get some quotes, get like 5 different local quotes and 5 from national companies. I pay 22.00 a month full coverage. I am 35 multi car discount, multi policy discount, 1 speeding ticket and one accident. Farm Bureau in Nebraska.

If you can't afford the insurance you won't be able to afford the bike. If you have a loan, you will have to have full coverage.
That varies from state to state. In CA, I financed my bike and did not have to get full coverage.

Your rates are likely lower because of your age.

I'm 29, multi car, multi policy, professional affiliations, 1 speeding ticket, and I pay $250 a year for liability only.