F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

How big is "too big?"

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How big is "too big?"

Howdy all. Excellent forum you have here!

I've ridden dirt bikes and cruisers, but have my eye on a 600F4i. However, I'm kinda heavy at 5'9" and 240lbs. So, with that in mind, is anyone else around here of relatively the same size and stature, and do they still find these bikes comfortable? The only pictures I can find of them being ridden, are those with little skinny dudes on them. I'd hate to throw down for one of these, but find myself all "stretched out on the rack" so to speak.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Default RE: How big is "too big?"

I know guys bigger than you that ride them. If you are able to sit on one, and you find it comfortable, then I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Besides, getting one of these bikes it a great reason to get into shape.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:54 PM

im 6'1' 240 and i dont have any problems at all on this bike. i sat on many diff sports bikes before deciding on this one and i found the f4i to have the best ergos...the only way you will know for sure is to try it out but from one big guy to another i say go for it!

Old 05-26-2006, 02:18 PM

Thanks for responding.

Ironically, since last summer, I've actually been trolling around the big city on a 49cc scooter I picked up for a song. Deregulated, it still got my butt around town at 45mph on flat ground. (I got it, mainly for the 65-75mpg due to the gas prices)

I've just never ridden a motorcycle where you had to practically lay over the gas tank, so that was really my only concern. When I buy the thing, I don't want to have to give it back, ya know!

Old 05-26-2006, 03:01 PM

I'm 5'10" and weigh 225. Bought my F4i in March. Really like the bike and it is pretty comfortable, no problems. I had always ridden cruisers before. By the way I'm 58 years young, might go for a litre bike in a couple of years?

Go ahead and get the bike you won't regret it!!!

Old 05-26-2006, 04:08 PM

YellowShark - Hey I'm 5-11 and pushing 200 and the F4i has been fine for me. I don't think you'll have a problem at all.

And you might be surprised once you get riding and up to speed on the bike - you don't necessarily need to "lay over the gas tank." If you keep your back straight you may be able to ride in a more upright position than you think. Everyone asks me if the riding position on a sport bike hurts my back, I tell them that with the proper posture and some decent conditioning it doesn't bother me at all. There are even belts (like weight lifting belts) that might help you if you're that concerned.

Just don't ride around like the Hunchback of Notre Dame and you'll be fine.

Old 05-27-2006, 09:33 AM

I'm 5'9" and I weigh in at 12 stone, though not i'm not fat. But when I sit on the bike it feels perfect . I have no comfort problems with the bike. I also have no problems with comfort on long distance journeys (which I tend to do a lot of).

Old 05-27-2006, 06:47 PM

what's a stone?

Old 05-27-2006, 07:21 PM

Yeah im 5'-11" about 210 and the F4i is a sweet ride. The F4i is probably the best choice for you as its more of a sport bike cruiser then the 600RR. The 600RR's handlebars sit lower than the F4i so your more leaned over when riding it. On an F4i with your back straight you're not leaning over as much as you would think. I lowered the rear end with some lowering links only because when your used to riding cruisers, your used to being sitting straight up and being flat foot when at a stop sign or a light. Easy upgrade only about $40 maybe 45 minutes to an hour to do. I say go for it. Nothing like reaching the powerband on a 600! No other feeling in the world like it.

Old 05-28-2006, 02:21 AM

I'm 6'-2" and weight 240 also. I have no problems or regrets about it. It's also extremely quick too, even for a heavier rider. It's true, sportbikes are designed for 150 pounders. Damn skinny people!