Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How bad is this bike?

2001 Honda CBR600F4i
-All Black
-Fresh tune up.
-20k miles
-has been down, lowside. has not been fixed. all front ferring pices cracked or rashed. forks bent but still rides fine. 1 mirror broken off. headlamp broken but lights still work. rpm gauge dose not work.--520 conversion
--Steel Brake Lines front. Reg. rear.
--Vortex Clip Ons
--Has around 20,000 miles motor is Strong and pulls SOUND and hard
--Spare parts included (mirrors, brakes, original sprockets front and rear, new flush mount side turn signals never installed)
--Second owner
--CLEAN TITLE
--STREET LEGAL

they want 2000 for it...this will be a starter bike for me.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Default RE: How bad is this bike?

Personally I would never buy a wrecked bike let alone one thats not fixed up already. You can expect to probably put another 1500 dollars into it fixing up. Fairings are not cheap plus they will need repainted, forks will need replaced. I personally wouldn't buy it but I am not too mechanically inclined neither.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:13 PM

Your best bet would be to check E-Bay for the parts you need , then deside how good a deal it is.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:18 PM

well obviously that picture was taking pre-crash. which before he lowsided it it looks like it was a decent bike. 2000 for an f41 is pretty cheap. even with the mentioned problems. like the bent fork. and first of i wouldnt ride a bike with a bent fork no matter how rideable the guy says it is. bent parts on a bike arent a good thing. but after replacing all that stuff. youll still probably come out on top. with another thousand or two thousand dollars itll be back to good running condition and youll still have only paid 4000 for an f4i and un top of that youll have new fairings and better forks. i say depending on the condition. i mean if it has hella problems and looks like **** id leave it. but if you have the 2gs for the bike and the 2 gs for the parts id say go for it.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:50 PM

I have about 3,500 that I want to spend on a used bike. I want a f4i due to it's less agressive riding position. It's just hard to find one in that price range.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:58 PM

in that case then. i know exactly how you feel. you dont have the money for a good condition f41 right off the start so this seems like a good deal for you. you can buy it now and in a month or two youll have the extra money to fix it up. so id say jump on it. it may not be the best now but as long as the frames ok it should be pretty easy to replace all the fairings and then take it to a shop and have the swap in some new forks. and then after that you can get it painted any way you like. id jump on it now before it gets sold. cause if thats really all thats wrong with it that bike wont last long buddy

Old 08-20-2005, 06:39 AM

if you got 3500, all you need is a grand. and you could get one . for 4500.00 , $ talks , just sell your play station and crap online and come up with the cash. dont buy that rash bike. thier are alot of squids that want to get rid of thier bikes.