F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

How about any young financers?...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How about any young financers?...

Ok now that i kind of know how much ill be raped for insurance... How much am i looking to have to pay for finance on a 04-05 through a dealership when im 19 years old with no credit? i cant take out a loan cause i dont have a co-signer so im hoping the dealership will be more leanient. Any help is greatly appreciated. thannks.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Default RE: How about any young financers?...

ORIGINAL: lwrdcav

i cant take out a loan cause i dont have a co-signer so im hoping the dealership will be more leanient.
LOL haha

Dude, they don't give a flyin' f*&$ about you or your situation. It isn't up to a salesman, so don't let them con you into thinking they can do anything for you. Been there done that.. All they did was run my credit through the mill, to every single bank, just to get denied. The more you get denied, the worse it is for your credit, it all shows up on your report. I had to write a lot of letters and make a lot of phone calls to get my credit straight after those ordeals, but I got it off my report. DO NOT TRY TO FINANCE THROUGH A DEALER. They WILL sell you a bike. You will probably be approved for about 5 or 6K, your interest rate will be probably between 18-25%. On top of that, they'll probably try to pull another loan from another bank at an equal interest rate for the remainder of whatever it takes to pay off the bike, DO NOT GET INTO A SITUATION LIKE THAT!! You will regret it for the rest of your life. You will pay so much on that bike, and if you ever want to get rid of it, you will owe so much on it that you'll never sell it. It will be the biggest mistake you ever make. They are in it for the money. Don't let them make you think they can help you, they will NOT. Again, I've been there, done that. Don't buy a brand new bike anyway. You will drop it a couple times probably, and it just isn't worth it. Plus the 01-03 F4i's look better with the seperated seat design.

Wait it out man, try through a bank. If you can't get a co-signer for a bank, or you can't get it from the bank alone, you should wait. Dealer shoudln't even be considered man.

Like I said I've been there. What can you do? Do what I did. I remember when I was 18 I tried getting stuff, nobody cared at banks, dealers, etc... I thought that there was more to it than just credit history. Guess what? Not the case, it's all about credit. So I got a secured credit card, which was all I could get with no credit. Maxed it out, paid it off, maxed it out, paid it off, always made payments on time, etc... It had a $400 limit. After a year, I went to my credit union who issued me the card, I had a better credit score, and because I found a car that was selling so low below blue book, they gave me the money for it, because the car was such good collateral. That was when I was 19. Now, at 21, having paid my credit card perfect every month, never missing a beat on my car payment, etc... I Have a 740 credit score. I go to my credit union, sign my name, and I can get pretty much anything, within my limit of course. I applied for 5K for a bike, got a call later that day saying I was approved with a 4.9% interest rate. Damn that feels nice. Then as they hand me the check they tell me how great my credit score is, and how proud I should be because I'm so young, just don't mess it up they say.

I suggest you do the same. I know it sucks, but people like us who don't have people holding our hands and co-signing have to do this. I talk to a lotta guys my age, or your age, and they don't know how I have all this stuff, they don't know how credit works because they've always had people do everything for them, and they assume daddy pays for it. "Dad can't buy me a car? Well then I guess there's no way I can get one. When I turn 25 I will magically have credit and be able to do grown up stuff like buy houses and cars." That is the way a lotta guys think. Welcome to my credit 101 course Get the credability behind your name and you can have anything you want. It only takes a couple days of dealing with banks, and credit agencies and dealers to see how it all works, but just save yourself the hassle and damged credit.

Just please take my advice about not dealing with the dealer. I waited at a dealer for 3 hours once to get the deal I talked about

Old 10-06-2005, 05:05 AM

Hey thanks alot. I definetly understand. It prob would be stupid for me to go into a dealership. I'm afraid my credit is already below zero because ive applied for a few credit cards and a loan but got rejected from them all. So im going to go into my bank and see what they can do for me. Hopefully help me bring it back up. How bad do you think it effected my credit by applying? I really appreciate the help man.

Old 10-06-2005, 05:11 AM

p.s. is that the difference between the 01-03 and the 04-06 f4i's? If i get one of these i def want the split tail. i had a kawasaki zx6 with the solo tail and i just couldnt get myself to like the looks of it.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:54 PM

Go to freecreditreport.com, fill it out, get your score, and you can see what's on it. It's only from one agency, but it's still good to know, and it's free for 30 days. Just cancel sometime between the 30 day period and you won't pay a dime. Your credit might not be hit too hard, but having no credit is just the same as having bad credit.

Go to your bank, tell them you want a secured credit card. You will put the money in an account, say $300. That is your limit. You can't touch this money, it's only for your card. Buy gas, whatever, and pay on it every month. Probably be like a 10 dollar payment. After a year your credit will be pretty damn good. Save for a bike. Maybe 1500-2000. Find an 03 f4i for like 5K or so, and put that down payment on it, and the bank will probably finance you. When the bike is paid off your credit will be beautiful.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the 01-05 F4i's are all the same. Split seat and maybe some other cosmetic differences, but I'm almost positive it's the same motor and everything. I Could be wrong about that though.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

You COULD go through a dealer if you didn't mind wasting a ton of money on interest... You would probably pay like 250/month for 60 months on a 7k loan though... Do the math. At the end of the loan, you just paid 15000 for a 7000 dollar bike. [:'(]

Old 10-07-2005, 10:45 AM

checkout the online microfiche at www.ronayers.com and see if they have and differences. I am pretty sure they are the same mechanically.

Stay far away from the $39/month for 6-12 months at the dealerships also. There is nothing good about those deals. Do what these guys said and build your credit.