F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Hotbodies Superbike 2 Undertail.. Anyone have one installed on their F4i that can answer a question?

Old 07-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotbodies Superbike 2 Undertail.. Anyone have one installed on their F4i that can answer a question?

I'm thinking about purchasing a Hotbodies Superbike 2 Undertail but would like to know if this specific undertail has any type of license plate light integrated/included in the kit?

Thanks,
-John

Old 07-28-2006, 03:15 AM
Default RE: Hotbodies Superbike 2 Undertail.. Anyone have one installed on their F4i that can answer a quest

I have the Hotbodies undertail, and no, it does not have an a license plate light. There are other options. I bought and LED light that is integreated into a bolt that is used as a mounting bolt for the license plate. The LED is angled to shine on the license plate. I drilled a tiny hole behind the license plate and wired it to the running lights.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:35 AM
Default RE: Hotbodies Superbike 2 Undertail.. Anyone have one installed on their F4i that can answer a quest

I was wondering the smae thing...
good idea lifties![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 07-28-2006, 08:02 AM

ORIGINAL: lifties

I have the Hotbodies undertail, and no, it does not have an a license plate light. There are other options. I bought and LED light that is integreated into a bolt that is used as a mounting bolt for the license plate. The LED is angled to shine on the license plate. I drilled a tiny hole behind the license plate and wired it to the running lights.
Thanks for the info lifties. Do you have any pictures of your work? Also, can you steer me in the direction of were I could find these lighted license plate mounting bolts?

Thanks much,
-John

Old 07-28-2006, 09:02 AM

some people just put the plate right behing the main brake/running lights and thats enough light to light the plate up then you dont need to drill anything. cops havent bothered any of the poele that did this either.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:03 PM

Here is a link:
http://www.customdynamics.com/illumi...nce_plates.htm

Scroll down towards the bottom to see the bolt I was talking about. This isn't the same as the one I have, but its the same idea. I think its better.

I don't have any pictures, but if you are still interested I can get a picture up tomorrow.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:29 PM

just wanted to let you guys know that advance auto parts has light bolts for $9.95, they are made by streetglow if anyone cares. Heres a link to them clicky

Old 07-28-2006, 11:34 PM

Thanks all for the information so far.....Good stuff!!

-John

Old 07-29-2006, 12:17 AM

Stickman....

Those wont work unless you put them in the bottom of the undertail. If you try to mount the plate with them they will just shine straight back and not light the plate at all.

Definitly not enough to prevent being stopped.

These are what you need:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=DEI%2D030301&N=70 0 400384 115&autoview=sku

It's what I will be upgrading my setup to.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:20 AM

Doh'

Just noticed they are the same as what was posted two up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hotbodies Superbike 2 Undertail.. Anyone have one installed on their F4i that can answer a question?