F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Hotbodies Racing Flush Mount CBR 600 F4i

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotbodies Racing Flush Mount CBR 600 F4i

Hi Guys,

I purchased the hotbodies Racing Flush Mount LED Front Turn Signals (Dark Smoked) last year. I was wondering how hard is it to install and what tools might I need to do the install. The previous owner already replaced the OEM turn signals and put the big flush Mounts which I want to replace. Let me know if you need pic's to give you a better visual ideal

Thanks In advance for your help

Old 02-03-2009, 12:36 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Tools are basic tools, just take a look and get stuff as needed.

For correct wiring:

There are three wires - positive running light, positive turn signal, ground. You'll want to add a diode (which prevents current from flowing a certain direction) to each positive wire, and then connect them both to the positive wire on the signal. Then ground to ground.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know if you have the screw-on or the sticky ones, but that part of the process is fairly self-explanatory. If you have the screw type, a little silicone wouldn't hurt anything, but it's not needed. You'll have to remove the front cowl for this (see manuals in General Tech). As far as tools, this can all be accomplished with a pair of needle-nose pliers, a 5mm allen (hex) wrench, and electrical tape (bare minimum).
Now, for wiring, you can either hook them up for turn-signal only, or turn-signal/running light. Here's a write-up for the running lights LINK. If you're lucky, your turn signals will just plug straight into the bike's female connector, but chances are you'll need to cut the connectors off from the Hotbodies, then attach the male connector wires on to the new signal wires. Do not cut the female connectors off the bike! Basically, green is ground (goes with black) and then the blue and orange wires with the segmented striping (not solid stripe) are positive (goes with red). If you're not going to use the solid striped wire (running light), make sure you cap it off so it doesn't tough anything.
For connecting the wires, the prefered method is to solder them together then heat shrink wrap them like redzintimidator did; or you can do what I did and use crimp connectors found at your local Radio Shack (pictured below). These simply crimp on, the blue part is shrink wrap plastic, these can be easily disconnected in the future. Wrap ALL connections with plenty of electrical tape when finished and enjoy.
This seems like alot, but once you get started you realize it's really easy; just tedious

Last edited by Incognito; 02-03-2009 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Sorry Aken, didn't mean to interrupt :)
Old 02-03-2009, 01:54 AM
July 2008 ROTM

No worries, I just didn't feel like writing a novel