F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

HorsePower??

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HorsePower??

Hey guys I was just looking for some suggestions on what would be the best way to increase the horsepower on my 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i??

Old 09-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Default RE: HorsePower??

Put stickers on it. Some stickers can add up to 5 horsepower.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:09 AM

JEGS and NOS ones do wonders!

oh yeah, if anyone in here says that changing your gearing will increase horse power, i'll cyber bitch-slap you

Old 09-24-2008, 11:11 AM

No no no... take all the stickers off, reduces weight/ increases speeds!

Old 09-24-2008, 11:17 AM

very simple. exhaust and p/c. sprockets won't increase power as flyou stated but they will help you go faster...and thus a cyber bitch slap is avoided

personally i found the flame pin-stripes are good for 15-20 wheel...keep that on the d/l

Old 09-24-2008, 11:50 AM

Nothing you do short of major cylinder head work is going to give a noticeable horsepower increase. A custom mapped power commander, pipe, and air filter are about all you can do. It brings the bike up into the high 90's at the wheel.

1 down in front 3 up in back gearing, short throw throttle, and better tires will be the best (and cheapest) performance enhancers as they free up your existing horsepower which is unusable.

You are being ridiculed here because you can't even use what the bike has on the street, why do you need more? Take your bike to a trackday and learn to ride it, thats the best investment you can make. If you've never done the track you simply aren't a good rider, end of story. All the horsepower in the world won't change that. Your first trackday will teach you that quick! My F4i has shamed many an R1.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:27 AM

Maybe I was not specific enough for you low educated guys i'll go into more detail with this statement. I currently own 85 honda interceptor just running it stock. I also just bought a 2007 Honda CBR 1000RR which i have a K&N air filter, Z-FI Fuel Injector Controller Kit and also Z-AFM 0 Fuel mapping system and i love it makes a huge differance. I also put on Yoshimura pipe and didnt like it at all so i took that off then tried Kr Tuned complete system was not impressed at all with that tore that off and heard a Akrapovic was pretty good so i put a complete e xhaust system with HexMufflers on it and was more pleased and then i ran across this 2002 CBR600 F4i on and couldn't pass the deal up and was just asking suggestions on what would be best to run on it instead of trial and error like the 07' bike of mine. So those who say stickers increase your power just don't speak you may lower your IQ if that is even possible and thank you birdstrike for actually being seriouse and actually giving me some options to run on it thanks..

Old 09-25-2008, 11:42 AM

Name:  notthis****againac7.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  18.3 KB

Old 09-25-2008, 11:54 AM

You gotta understand dude that this is a question that gets beat to death and it's mostly because the newbs come around wanting to jack up the numbers when they don't even know the first thing about working the bike.

That being said.....i can wheelie my bike in 7th gear with no clutch. HAHA.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:13 PM

HRC makes a power up kit for the bike, but the whole kit is about $4000. You can pick up the HRC cams and springs for about $1000. It apparently brings the bike into the 120's at the wheel. Through an after market injection system and the Akropovic full system you will be close to 130 at the wheel.

Honestly though when HRC says "track use only" they mean it. Their stuff is a little rough on the street. For some reason they are the only ones who make real horsepower goodies for the F4i. My track bike is an F4i and cams have been on its christmas list for a couple years now. They are hard to find and expensive when you do.

Quick Reply: HorsePower??