CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Honda cbr f4i power commander map issue (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/honda-cbr-f4i-power-commander-map-issue-93337/)

andymp3 05-11-2009 10:14 PM

Honda cbr f4i power commander map issue

Hey...I just installed a full M4 system, already have bmc race filter, PCIIIusb. I can't find a map on the dynojet website for a 2001 f4i with full M4 and have tried a few with no luck so far. Has anyone with the same gear as I have had luck with any of them? I am hopping someone has a custom map or a suggestion for one that will work well with what I have installed. I will eventually try them all and hopefully find a good one however any help would be appreciated. :confused: I wish there was a site where people could upload and download PC maps...I would even pay to be a member...Cheers...

Oh...and anyone tried the accel pump? If so what settings did you use?? thanks

nor_cal_cbr 05-12-2009 10:39 AM

I use the accel pump program and noticed an increace in throttle response...I tried 90% Sensitivity 15% Fuel Increase 20 Engine Revolutions...i havent played around with the variations yet though..let me know what you try...

andymp3 05-12-2009 12:41 PM

I am going to pull the bike out soon and try some different settings...I will keep you posted. Anyone else try others or have any suggestions for maps? thanks Andy

02f4irider 05-12-2009 05:56 PM

honestly i would just go with one of there full system maps cause the just general maps of that exhaust, if you want the goods from your exhaust(most HP) custom is the only way

andymp3 05-12-2009 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by 02f4irider (Post 783810)
honestly i would just go with one of there full system maps cause the just general maps of that exhaust, if you want the goods from your exhaust(most HP) custom is the only way

yeah you are right...I will get one eventually. It is a question of money at the moment as they are in or around 300$ to have a custom map done. I find it a bit pricy however it does require specialized equipment ie: dyno, sniffer etc...to create a good map so for now I will have to wing it...I just put in the full hindle map in and it seems to run pretty good...Always room for improvement...cheers...:rolleyes:

02f4irider 05-12-2009 09:14 PM

ya you can run the hindle, kerker, micron, or arka. i would run a different map everyday to see which one you like best(the may be alittle difference between them)

andymp3 05-12-2009 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by 02f4irider (Post 783883)
ya you can run the hindle, kerker, micron, or arka. i would run a different map everyday to see which one you like best(the may be alittle difference between them)

Well so far I tried the following...some positive and some negative:

Akrapovic was ****...spit and sputter in every gear
Kerker was not bad however did not pull hard in low and high rpm
Arata was good top end and sucked bottom end
Micron not sure yet
Full hindle was good and I am running that at the moment..still room for improvement.
Arrow can't remember...will try again...
I will keep trying them and let you know what I think...

Pump accel is set to 90 sens...20 rpm and 17% fuel...seems ok..however I want to nail the map down first....I find this very hard and very frustrating and time consuming...Wish i had a dyno because there are so very many variables...Humidity ans such...Very hard to tell by just driving...Anyways..cheers and thanks for the comments...:cool:

Lamar Vannoy 05-14-2009 01:01 PM

Is the accel or any other functionality worth upgrading to a USB from a PC IIIr?

purpleslug 05-14-2009 02:35 PM

what does the pump excel do anyway i was going to read on it for mine

andymp3 05-14-2009 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by purpleslug (Post 784670)
what does the pump excel do anyway i was going to read on it for mine

Well the pump accel from what I can tell adds fuel at a certain RPM. I have been reading up and some say they notice a difference and I have not noticed that much of a diff...Maybe a bit more juice when you floor it. It is free and I say why not...I like it and will keep playing with it. I will try to make it to a dyno very soon to get a custom map done...I wonder if the accel pump would make a difference on the dyno?? Cause on a dyno when they do it they turn the throtle progressively therefore I don't think the accel pump would even be a factor...I may be wrong..Anyone have any thoughts on this?? Cheers.....