F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Hit by a car

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 03:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hit by a car

Nice job on the save. Stupid cagers, i've gotta hand it to them, they're so careless because they feel so safe in their steel boxes.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:58 PM

A guy that I work with gave me this tip. " Ride like you are invisible." It's helped me to assume that the other person can't see me. Kind of helps keep me heads up all the time. Glad you're OK.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on being invisible. I recommend using MSF info as guidance and not hard fast rules. There are situations where it's safer to not signal. I am always cautious around convenience store entrances. They're the highest offenders I've found, and since they're usually on a corner, how's a cager to know where you're turning?

Old 01-17-2007, 10:07 PM

glad you're ok. right on with riding as if you're invisible. i try to ride, in the city especially, with the ideathat all cagers are out to committ negligent homicide on us bikers. i hate when they say 'i didn't see the motorcycle'. that's cause you were looking right through it! they don't see motorcycles, or cyclists for that matter, as a threat to their big steel cars. i like when i see cars with a bumper sticker that says 'see motorcycles'