F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Hit by a car

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hit by a car

glad to hear u didnt get hurt i just barely dodged a car the other day that pretty much just did the same thing, but congrats on not droping it and glad its only minor damage

Old 01-14-2007, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: ejohn

But as you drive a car are ride a bike in the future when this happens you may want to turn your blinker on a little bit later. in this case I would turn my blinker on as I pass in front of her car. that way she sees you and the people behind you see you.sometimes I will make try to make eye contact with the driver and point in the direction Iam going.I think the rules are writen for most cases and cannot cover ever case.
This is what I do. But it doesn't matter as long as you're alright.

I was just in an accident 2 nights ago but in my car downtown. The guy I'm sure was drunk and tried to pull a hit-and-run. I followed him through downtown through many turns until he stopped to pick up a passenger. When I confronted him he acted like nothing happened and being an *******, and looking at his face, I'm sure he had something to drink. He kept denying my car had any damage so he took off, I got his plates and called the cops, so he'll be screwed.

At least that lady didn't run!

Be safe.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good semi-save mang! glad to hear you're still with us today!

Old 01-14-2007, 08:08 PM

I dunno, in my MSF course area, they told me that although 300 ft is the recommended distance, it's safe to signal AFTER any incoming intersections in order to avoid these kinda things.

Yeah, it's not your fault, you still didn't do anything wrong. BUT, there are stupid drivers out there and you gotta be careful. If anything, you gotta bend the laws of the road in order to stay safe. Example: me pulling up to a 4 way stop, I pull up first and then 5 seconds after, an OLD LADY pulls up. Although I have the right of way to go first, I'll let her go always because personally... women drivers scared the hell outta me, old people scare the hell outta me. Put them together, and ****, i'll go the wrong way on a one-way street if i have to.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:47 PM

glad your ok

Old 01-15-2007, 12:02 AM

i watch out for people on cell phones.... i almost get hit 3 times a week because of people trying to make turns on their cell phones... especialy at the toll gates that i have to go threw everyday from my work, people try to get in the shortest line darting across 1-4 lanes and nearly hitting me...

Old 01-15-2007, 01:30 AM

Good save and glad to hear you're ok. Also good reaction and not going down too.
What an asshat that lady is. How far did she get when she was trying to drive off?
I really hate people sometimes. I think 95% of people have the dumbass gene.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:20 AM

happy to hear your ok

Old 01-16-2007, 04:16 PM

that reminds me of a run in i had not too long ago. i was on a road 55mph speed limit, doing 60 behind this van. there were 2 turns coming up that were about 20-30 feet from each other. the first turn was a right turn, and the 2nd was a left turn. she got off onto the right shoulder, slowed down to practically nothin, i either A) assumed she was turning right or B) assumed she was letting me by. well needless to say, she turned left right as i was about to pass her, and i did the swerve and gased it to hell, and she clipped the rear of my bike, knocked me into the left lane into an oncoming car. my rear tire was hopping, and i had to climb back onto my bike because i got partially knocked off. hopped back into the right lane, turned around and realized my exhaust was sitting in the road. yeah MSF course teaches you a lot, that was my dumb fault. but hey a hard lesson learned is a good lesson learned lol. but it was wierd, NO damage was done to her vehicle at all, yet my rear brake pedal was bent around backwards, and my exhausted ripped off.