F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Highmount exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Highmount exhaust question

I'm thinking about getting a highmount exhaust for my 06 F4i, my only conern is that the high mount exhuast is really close to my tail fairings, and the exhuast gets hot when I'm riding. Is there a chance that the highmount exhuast will mess up my tail fairing if I install it? My bike is completely stock, so what would I need to install it?

Old 05-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Hindle high mount on my '02 F4i. My exhaust sits right up against my tail fairing and licence plate undertail. I have no issues with mine melting anything and it makes it look pretty sweet. The only thing I notice different between mine and a friends with regular mount is I feel the vibration a little more on mine. Sometimes on longer rides its a pretty nice massage!

Old 05-07-2013, 07:39 PM

I had a Leo Vince high mount in titanium. Never melted anything. I now have a two brothers can mounted on the high mount midpipe in carbon fiber. Still hadn't melted anything. I would think a stainless or aluminum can would get it warm, but not melt anything

Old 05-07-2013, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Neonfire
The only thing I notice different between mine and a friends with regular mount is I feel the vibration a little more on mine. Sometimes on longer rides its a pretty nice massage!

Old 05-07-2013, 11:15 PM

Hmmmm I must have missed the part when I asked for your damn opinion! The guy was asking about exhaust I gave my take on it, either answer the guys question or find somewhere else to throw your $*** out. I love people that have nothing better to do then read posts and looks for that spot you can try to add your dry humor too!

Old 05-07-2013, 11:56 PM

lol

Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cpark_12
I had a Leo Vince high mount in titanium. Never melted anything. I now have a two brothers can mounted on the high mount midpipe in carbon fiber. Still hadn't melted anything. I would think a stainless or aluminum can would get it warm, but not melt anything
+1

I wouls stick with CF or Titanium and you won't have any problems at all.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys, one last question. Do I need a power commander for slip on can for the high mount?

Old 05-08-2013, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by eMChen112
Thanks guys, one last question. Do I need a power commander for slip on can for the high mount?
Some will say yes, some will say no. I've always heard that you don't need a power commander if you just change exhaust OR air filter, but if you change both, then you do need one. Like I said, that's what I've heard.

In my experience, just changing exhaust makes my bike run rich. One of my buddies changed his exhaust and threw a K&N filter on it and never put a power commander on it and it runs pretty damn good. I don't know if the F.I. system is smart enough to adapt to the changes or maybe the K&N just kinda evened everything out...

Old 05-08-2013, 08:52 AM
June 2012 Ride of the Month

I had a Stainless Micron high mount never got so hot that it'd melt the fairings. I also had a K&N w/it without a PC3 ran just fine.

Quick Reply: Highmount exhaust question