CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Highbeams on at Night? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/highbeams-night-128583/)

greenc51 07-21-2011 10:48 AM

Highbeams on at Night?

Hey all

Before I start, yes I searched (google as well) and not a single thread gave a clear and concise answer. It was just everyone's opinion which was split 50/50...and I am sure it will be that way again here in this thread.

I would like to know everyone's take on riding with the highbeams. I took the MSF course in March, and I remember the instructors saying to always ride with the highbeams on at night because you will be seen easier. So far, I have done just that, and yes, I can tell everyone notices me a lot better and I have been flashed only once since March. I feel it is better for my safety to be seen/noticed rather than to worry if I annoy other drivers. Sure if I annoy them, that means they know I'm there.

Kawasaki Noobie 07-21-2011 10:52 AM

I think it is acceptable to ride with brights DURING THE DAY when the contrast between the rest of the world being bright....but at night everything is dark and with your brights on, its 10x worse.....Im pretty sure they said its okay to ride with brights during the day.

I know where I live, its ILLEGAL to operate any vehicle with brights during the night with oncomming traffic......

Sick97SS 07-21-2011 10:57 AM

Agree^

The correct answer is to use comon sense.

You WILL be noticed more but hi-beams are blinding to oncoming drivers (at night), therefore distracting, and now they are not paying attention to the road and where they are going.

If motorcycle hi-beams were supposed to be ON all the time there wouldnt be a switch to turn them off.

RoadiJeff 07-21-2011 11:02 AM

Riding with your high beams on at night in traffic is not only inconsiderate but illegal in many places. Daytime might be a different matter but never at night when following other vehicles or if there is a vehicle approaching.

greenc51 07-21-2011 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Kawasaki Noobie (Post 1081790)
Im pretty sure they said its okay to ride with brights during the day.

Yes, they said during the day, but also specifically said at night as well.

NateDieselF4i 07-21-2011 11:08 AM

Do yourself a favor and get some HIDs.

greenc51 07-21-2011 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i (Post 1081799)
Do yourself a favor and get some HIDs.

For the lowbeam?
Can you shoot me a link to purchase?

backyardmechanic 07-21-2011 11:10 AM

DDM Tuning hi/low beam for motorcycles.

RoadiJeff 07-21-2011 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by greenc51 (Post 1081798)
Yes, they said during the day, but also specifically said at night as well.

I'm pretty sure the MSF would not endorse illegal activity.

greenc51 07-21-2011 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff (Post 1081816)
I'm pretty sure the MSF would not endorse illegal activity.

Well do you know for sure this is illegal in Georgia?