CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   high mount mid pipe (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/high-mount-mid-pipe-127997/)

CodyJ28 07-08-2011 06:24 PM

high mount mid pipe

Has anyone ever used one with their akrapovic can? I am wondering if this is possible.

sjsharks33 07-08-2011 06:48 PM

it really just depends on the brand and the size of the pipe. I know I tried to do a high mount on my yoshimura with a micron mid pipe, but did not work because the yoshi inlet was bigger than the micron mid pipe. So in the end I ended up selling my yoshi and bought a brand new M4 high mount :)

Honda125 358 07-09-2011 09:00 AM

I have an akrapovic slip on as well and want a high mount. I wanted to go this route, using a different brand mid pipe (ie: micron) and my akrapovic can. 1. Its too hard to find just the mid pipe and 2. you have to find the correct size mid pipe.

So I went to some exhaust shops and asked if they had a mandrel bender. Apparently no one on the west side of pennsylvania has one.

I did have one option though: The stainless steel man would sell me some elbows and straight pipe and I could have a local welder fab something up for me. I like this idea and would do it right now if I had cash. It would have a bunch of welds but I think it would look badass IMO. And if I don't like how the welds look, then I can just wrap it in exhaust wrap. Plus, I can have the can at whatever angle I want, wherever I want :)

kmixxed 07-10-2011 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by sjsharks33 (Post 1076653)
it really just depends on the brand and the size of the pipe. I know I tried to do a high mount on my yoshimura with a micron mid pipe, but did not work because the yoshi inlet was bigger than the micron mid pipe. So in the end I ended up selling my yoshi and bought a brand new M4 high mount :)

Any Chance you still have that Micron High Mount Mid Pipe? I'll take it off your hands if you wanna get rid of it.. I need a High Mount Mid pipe for my Micron

Thanks

redzintimidator 07-10-2011 11:10 PM

If you cant find one, call up micron or jardine, they should sell you a midpipe. I got a standard mount pipe from jardine for $80 for my highmount system so i can swap out the exhaust depending if ive got a passenger.

CodyJ28 07-11-2011 01:05 PM

only problem with the midpipe is i got an akrapovic can. so the holes might be different sizes and not fit...

kmixxed 07-11-2011 03:15 PM

Called miron Dist, Out of business. going to try Jardine next.
Was trying to see if SJShark still had the Micron Mid pipe he tried to mount to his Yoshi pipe...

CodyJ28 07-11-2011 04:13 PM

i know indysuperbikes.com can get arrow mid pipe but not sure if it will fit my akra can

HydroPrelude85 05-08-2014 07:01 PM

Micron high mount mid pipe

[QUOTE=kmixxed;1077274]Any Chance you still have that Micron High Mount Mid Pipe? I'll take it off your hands if you wanna get rid of it.. I need a High Mount Mid pipe for my Micron

I have a high mount mid pipe on my micron and wish to go to the standard setup. I will trade mid pipes but considering this was posted in 2011 you probably figured it out by now but doesn't hurt to offer