F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Which HID kit now?

  #1  
Old 02-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 39
Default Which HID kit now?

As we all know, the famous DDMtuning have stopped making HID kits for us.Well the good ones we liked, now they sell something called raptors. but anyways, i wanted to get the HID's but i just had to do a lot of other things on my bike first(chain,sprockets, tires), so i was saving the HID's for later. Well now that i want it, its too late and i don't think they're gonna bring em back. i was wondering what other companies or websites sell similar or all least good hid kits for an 03 f4i. Nothing special, i just want 35w 5000k for 2 bulbs and 2 ballasts and all that good stuff. If anyone knows anything ill really appreciate it. Thanks.
 
  #2  
Old 02-11-2011, 12:33 PM
nickels's Avatar
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: TN
Posts: 2
  #3  
Old 02-11-2011, 12:42 PM
vegas_rebel's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 436
Default

Do the Raptors not work?

I was just looking at DDM thinking $30 wasn't bad for better headlights...
 
  #4  
Old 02-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 39
Default

Originally Posted by nickels View Post
thoses look cool but are u sure its safe to buy hid kits on ebay. i mean most people are skeptical about it, even though SOME kits on ebay are gud, i heard MOST are good for nothing! i guess one must roll the dice huh
 
  #5  
Old 02-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 39
Default

Originally Posted by vegas_rebel View Post
Do the Raptors not work?

I was just looking at DDM thinking $30 wasn't bad for better headlights...
honestly, i dont know nothing about the raptor hid kit. just that some people preffered the hid kit ddm sold before. i mean to me, the raptor kit looks great and a great deal too.If anyone has em, please tell us how are they.
 
  #6  
Old 02-11-2011, 01:31 PM
nickels's Avatar
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: TN
Posts: 2
Default

Originally Posted by platanito92 View Post
thoses look cool but are u sure its safe to buy hid kits on ebay. i mean most people are skeptical about it, even though SOME kits on ebay are gud, i heard MOST are good for nothing! i guess one must roll the dice huh


just gonna have to do the research and find out which sets are good and which are junk before you buy.
 
  #7  
Old 02-11-2011, 01:51 PM
redzintimidator's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Greene, NY
Posts: 2,950
Default

ive got the raptors in my car and they work just like they should. The balasts might be a little bit big to hide on the front of a bike somewhere. The kit on my bike is from ebay somewhere, i bought it back in 2008 so i have no clue on the seller name.
 
  #8  
Old 02-11-2011, 02:21 PM
AnthonyTxL's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 222
Default

I'm in the same boat. I have a lot of maintenance to do on my bike and was gonna get the DDM kit at the end.

I have the DDM slim ballast kit for my car's retrofit. I may just get the Raptor and swap out one slim from the car and into the bike, but knowing my laziness I may just try to fit a Raptor ballast in the F4i. Also with the fact that they say the Raptor is more "durable." I only plan on using the HIDs for the low beam. Considering there's so much empty space behind the headlights, I doubt there will be a problem.
 
  #9  
Old 02-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 39
Default

Originally Posted by AnthonyTxL View Post
I'm in the same boat. I have a lot of maintenance to do on my bike and was gonna get the DDM kit at the end.

I have the DDM slim ballast kit for my car's retrofit. I may just get the Raptor and swap out one slim from the car and into the bike, but knowing my laziness I may just try to fit a Raptor ballast in the F4i. Also with the fact that they say the Raptor is more "durable." I only plan on using the HIDs for the low beam. Considering there's so much empty space behind the headlights, I doubt there will be a problem.
Yupp. I think I'm just gonna go with the raptor. Ddm is a well trusted company and besides the good deal, it offers lifetime warranty. Now the issue is finding an online instruction guide to installing the raptor hids on an f4I since the ballasts are a bit big.
 
  #10  
Old 02-11-2011, 08:46 PM
I Can't Sell Because I'm Hardheaded
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 268
Default

It's hard enough to fit the slim ballasts in these bikes. Good luck fitting the "Raptor" kit anywhere....

Drop in HID's are drop in hids, all made in china with a different company name on them.

I've bought from ddm, ebay, etc. All doing the same. I've had 5 bikes, and about 8 cars of my own personally with hids, from all sources all doing the same thing.

My 08 600rr has a 30 dollar slim ballast kit in it from ebay, and it works great.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.