F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

HID install pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem. Good luck. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. I am no expert but I have played around with HID a lot.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:34 PM

After reading your last post again I just want to clearify something with you incase you dont know. Sounds like you want to run both lights at half power so they are not as bright. HID cannot run on half power like a regular headlight bulb. They will only run at full power. Just wanted to let you know that incase you were not aware of that.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Oh no. I mean like, you know how you can see the road fine with just your OEM low beam? Well, since the HID's will be brighter, the low beam will already be a step up. But then with the high on, it'd be twice as bright. That's what I meant. Just didn't really know how to word it. I found that harness, and it all looks straightforward. I'll be ordering this winter

Old 12-07-2009, 08:23 PM

Ok good. Would hate to see you try to run at half power and be very dissappointed. Make sure you post up some before and after pics. I think when my new HID gets here for the bike I will do a full write up on HID installs with pictures explaining all the differences and showing the output difference from the riders position (not looking at the bike) so people can see just how good of a mod HID really is.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by jondevos
Ok good. Would hate to see you try to run at half power and be very dissappointed. Make sure you post up some before and after pics. I think when my new HID gets here for the bike I will do a full write up on HID installs with pictures explaining all the differences and showing the output difference from the riders position (not looking at the bike) so people can see just how good of a mod HID really is.
It would be great if you included how you set up that wiring harness with relay in conjunction with the HID kit.
It does seem a whole lot safer and IMO makes sense.

I'd love to see a HID install write-up specified for the F4i.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Joey_f4i
It would be great if you included how you set up that wiring harness with relay in conjunction with the HID kit.
It does seem a whole lot safer and IMO makes sense.

I'd love to see a HID install write-up specified for the F4i.
That is the idea. I have done the plug and play thing before but didnt like it and just feel better overall if its installed with a relay harness.

I happen to know what Im doing when it comes to installing HID so I figure I can make a full write up with everything needed to do a proper install right from wiring to colour choice.

Somebody on here mentioned in a post that airplanes use a 24volt 110 watt HID light setup. I happen to be in the military and work on helicopters so I should try to get my hands on a setup like that and show everyone what a real HID kit looks like. lol

Old 12-08-2009, 06:18 PM

+1 on jondevos doing a writeup on installing dual HIDs with relay harnesses. I'm strongly considering doing this myself soon and it would be great to have something to reference. On a related note, is anyone had experience running the dual setup Without relays, and if so, are they 35W or 55W?

Old 12-08-2009, 10:04 PM

OK so if these are plug and play, why can't I just order 2 (two) of these systems.http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=105&parent=61

Then just wire them up so the left headlight (or low beam) on my bike is always on when the bike's on. And then wire the right headlight (high beam) to come on when I flip the switch already installed on my clip on??

Old 12-10-2009, 12:41 PM

Just ordered (2) 35W 6000K's for my 02 F4i from ddmtuning. Can't wait to get them!!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 04:07 PM

sweetness! let us know how the install goes. Are you planning to put in relays as well or run it straight off the stock wiring?

Quick Reply: HID install pics