F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

HID install pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hid

I looked at the same web site. What the the type of bulbs that you ordered?

Old 12-07-2009, 12:23 PM

I mean they give you all kinds of bulb types and I am trying to figure out what type.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Originally Posted by BrokeCollarBone
I mean they give you all kinds of bulb types and I am trying to figure out what type.
H7

Old 12-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Originally Posted by Zero1080
Would I be able to use that same bulb for both lights? I'm finding a bunch of kits that have both lights, but are more expensive due to convenience. I'm not worried about having one light brighter than the other, just that one turns on and off, and they're the same color.

What bulb type did you order?
H7, 55w, 6k color.

I honestly didn't see the need to do both lights, so we put in a halogen bulb for the hi-beam. The low beam being HID is plenty.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:27 PM
LBS

Originally Posted by Elfling
H7, 55w, 6k color.

I honestly didn't see the need to do both lights, so we put in a halogen bulb for the hi-beam. The low beam being HID is plenty.

Pardon me for intruding in this section but just to add- your HID looks awesome. The install and effect is pretty much identical to my 2007 CBR125R, believe it or not.

35 watt slim ballast 6K HID kit for a CBR1000RR (the 125R shares the same Line Beam housings/lights) in the low beam side, and a Xenon quartz bulb in the high beam side.

Going to HID was one of the single most amazing results after a mod that I've ever experienced...

Old 12-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Elfling
H7, 55w, 6k color.

But CAN you do both lights? Just hooks up separately cause of the high beam I'd assume.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:26 PM

But CAN you do both lights? Just hooks up separately cause of the high beam I'd assume.
You can do both lights. Id recommend using a wiring harness with relay so that you are drawing power directly from the battery to prevent any damage to the stock headlight wiring. Not sure if the stock wiring would handle the load needed to ignite the bulbs.

Its very easy to do, I have HID in both low, high, and fog lights on my car and am ordering a set tomorrow for the bike. The f4i is a decent candidate for doing both low and high beam because of the seperate light setup. When you flick from your low beam to your high beam the low beam stays on as well. This is good because HID takes a few seconds to warm up and get good light output. If you put HID in your high beam you will find that when you flick your highs on, they will take a few seconds before they really light up the road. The low beams staying on makes it safe to go with that setup tho as you will never be without at least your low beams on.

I learned the hard way with my car why you need the lows to stay on all the time if you go with HID high beams. When I first put the HID in the high beams I realized that when flicking between lows and highs there would be 5 seconds or so where I could barely see the road. In the car I out in HID foglights that stay on with the running lights allowing them to keep the road lit while waiting for the high beams to warm up.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:27 PM

^I agree 100%. That's why I want to do both. I'll have let's say 50% output, and flick on the highs, and I'll be running 100% light. But still have enough with the lows to see.

What kind of harness do you recommend?

Old 12-07-2009, 06:30 PM

^I agree 100%. That's why I want to do both. I'll have let's say 50% output, and flick on the highs, and I'll be running 100% light. But still have enough with the lows to see.

What kind of harness do you recommend?
If you go to ddmtuning.com they sell a harness there for I think $15 on sale right now. You can find them on ebay as well. It has the relay and everything built right into with a fuse. All you have to do is connect to the battery, connect to a trigger (for low beams it would be you low beam + wire) and connect to your HID ballast. Connect your bulb and now you have HID running directly off the battery. Its the safest way to do it.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:33 PM

I just found a kit with the two bulbs and ballasts. I'll hunt for the harness. thanks man.

Quick Reply: HID install pics