F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Hi ...i am new.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi ...i am new.

Hello. I am new here and sorta new to street bikes. Rode motoX bikes when i was younger, but havent rode in like 10 years. Anyway last month i went out bought a 2006 f4i. I had been wanting to get ont o SS bikes for awhile and finally got to a postion where i could afford one. I have one question for all the bike vets out there. Today i took my longest ride to date it was about 200 miles roundtrip. My question is when on long rides like that i was wondering if you guys had any advice on rideing positions, I noticed that when i kinda rested my upper body on my tank and put my head kinda behind the windscreen was the most confortable. Is the norm for a long ride on the freeway....? I am a little sore but the ride was wicked fun. I live memphis tenn and i took a back road and it had some nice open staright roads with almost no traffic and i got to open her up a bit....

Drew

Old 11-25-2005, 01:33 AM
Retired Mod
Default RE: Hi ...i am new.

ride the way thats most comfortable to you. some people do the racer tuck thing and some prefer the sit upright position. do what makes you feel the most comfortable and enables you to see everything going on around you. just ride the thing man. have fun, enjoy, and welcome to the site.

Old 11-25-2005, 01:53 AM

ORIGINAL: NINE2NINE

ride the way thats most comfortable to you. some people do the racer tuck thing and some prefer the sit upright position. do what makes you feel the most comfortable and enables you to see everything going on around you. just ride the thing man. have fun, enjoy, and welcome to the site.
cool cool ..thanks for the reply....i found that the racer tuck thing was most comfortable for me,seemed it made the ride smoother. Anyway thanks for the rply and welcoming me to the site.

Old 11-25-2005, 10:40 AM

I pretty much do the same thing as you. I keep my right hand on the throttle and my left arm leaning on the gas tank in tuck position. Very comfortable for me.