CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Help! - White smoke coming out of my exhaust (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/help-white-smoke-coming-out-my-exhaust-128172/)

cbaad 07-12-2011 05:04 PM

Help! - White smoke coming out of my exhaust

Hi, my name is Carl and I'm a new rider and member to the forum. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my CBR. I have a 2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i. Couple days ago me and a couple of my buddies were riding down the expressway when I got in an accident. It started raining and I was entering a ramp that merged I83 and I55 ( I live in Illinois) when I lost control of the bike and skidded off the ramp and landed in some bushes and grass. Luckily, the tall grass helped to cushion my fall. I was going 45 on a 30 with tight curves which was my fault since road conditions were not the best and lost control. Most of the damage was cosmetic so I just need to purchase a new fairing kit and do some slight realligning to the forks. My concern is that every now then is that when i start the bike, thick, white smoke comes out of the exhaust. I've been told by my buddy's dad that it was just coolant in the bike..so I need a second opinion and insturction on how to fix this problem.

Kuroshio 07-12-2011 05:44 PM

How long has it been run since it went down?

F34Me? 07-12-2011 05:51 PM

It could be as simple as oil having gotten in the airbox. Remove the airbox and check the filter. While you are at it you might want to do the Kleen air mod to avoid this happening in the future.

cbaad 07-13-2011 10:43 AM

I have ridden itaround since it went down, but it is rideable. Ok I'll check the airbox and filter. Thank you. Does anyone know where I can get a hold of the shop manual?

F34Me? 07-13-2011 10:49 AM

Do a search, it can be downloaded.

motorcyclist 07-19-2011 04:36 PM

alright! .... it's very simple .... for sure when you tipped it, some oils went somewhere around the engine that's causing this white smoke ..... all you have to do, to make this go away... it ride it a bit more..... until you burn off that tipped oil ..... but if i was you, check your oil levels.... you might have lost some.... (refill)

anyways, here's a torrent for your service manual!
No torrent site links please - Kuroshio

hope i helped well!

p.s i doubt it has to do with the coolant .... ah yes, and before burning off the spilled oil, id suggest you fix your forks before you end up in another accident! hahaha! hope you where fine though!

cbaad 07-20-2011 11:29 PM

Thank you! I'm well. The oils burned off but now it suddenly stopped working. The bike won't start and the gauges wont light up at all. I'm gonna try charging the battery to see if thats the problem. I hope no fuses were blown.

motorcyclist 07-21-2011 06:59 AM

your welcome cbaad!

naah! don't change the battery now save that for later... check the fuses first....

1: you got a white sticker fuse box ... make sure the fuses are the correct number (10) as written on the white sticker... then,

2: check the main fuse box (dunno the name), you'll find it right beside the battery and fuse box.... with a red wire on it (if you're looking from above facing the tank it should be located in the middle left).... when you open it in half you'll find a big fuse (30) .... check that....(im guessing thats your problem)

try 1 and then 2! good luck biker bro!

btw, if you do have burned fuses, try buying a couple of spares including the (30), because you never know when it might start happening again.....

cbaad 07-23-2011 12:25 AM

Thanks bro! There weren't any blown fuses thanlfully. It's just a bad battery. I jumped it and it was working. I'm charging the battery right now to see if i need a new one. thank you again for the advice.