F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Help with relay switch, fuelp pump not priming. heads light not turning on

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 10:56 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with relay switch, fuelp pump not priming. heads light not turning on

So i got to this forum and got help starting my bike, fixed a little bit but the again it wont start. the f1 red light blinks twice. so i figure its the MAP sensor nbd. But then now my bike wont start. found out that the head lights relay its damaged because when i plug it in the high bean light goes on and when I pull it out it goes off.

Any thought how to start my bike again withouth that sensor, and where to find it.?

Old 03-17-2013, 11:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ebay for all your parts needs. As for the relay. I believe if the relay is on and you turn your ignition on then only one head light should come on if you have it on low beam. If you flick the toggle to high beam then 2 lights come on. Also fuel pump not priming? Check the volt off the pink wire on the ignition. It should be in the 9ish volts area....if you are reading anything other then 9Volts then replace the diode inside the ignition or get a new ignition all together. You can try bypassing the Bank Angel Sensor first to see maybe if that is what's causing the fuel pump to not prime.

Common fixes for a non priming fuel pump will be Bank Angel Sensor,Headlight relay,fuel pump relay,fuel shut off engine kill relay,fuses,bad fuel pump.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Registered Users

i pulled the bAs and it sounds like liquidish inside like all thwe parts are messed up is that normal

Old 03-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, That is normal. The Bank Angle Sensor is liquid filled with a float. Kind of like a toilet tank water fill float. If you have not got the service manual then do so. it's free all over the internet and well worth the read. The book will answer most if not all of your questions. It was my greatest asset along with this website and the many members.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Registered Users

Hey man I have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM.. with my 05 F4i.. I just got in a big accident where i went nose on with a mustang.. and afterwards fixed my bike with a bunch of used parts and it looked like crap but worked.. I decided to completely redo it with new fairings and everything.. I also did a tail conversion.. and I had the battery and everything off for a couple weeks and now put everything back together.. and have the same exact problem as you.. I hit the toggle back and forth and nothing.. no fuel pump priming.. no headlights no starting.. I have tried changing the battery.. jump starting battery.. tried checking all the fuses.. have even took apart the whole kill switch toggle to see if it could be something in that.. if you figure it out text me man.. 760 six six nine 7809 or if anyone is around the high dessert area in california that could be some help. I also bypassed the tip sensor.. and had it normal so its not that.