F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

help me pick out a pair of mirrors guys.......

Old 07-29-2009, 08:55 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me pick out a pair of mirrors guys.......

okay so here is my dilema i need a new pair of mirrors.... i am not a big fan of the stock ones nor would they match my new paint scheme im currently working on.... here is the discription... gloss white bike with chrome red and chrome blue nautical star with the letters HONDA at the points in chrome red..... chrome red cbr and honda decals at stock f4i locations.... only decal im neglecting is the BIG F4i decal the star is in its place.... also i will have a iridium red windscreen... white rims with one chrome red wheel stripe and one chrome blue wheel stripe.....my frame and swing arm are polished so im planning on polished or brushed mirrors with blue mirror

here are the different mirrors im looking at can you guys give me your opinions please??????????????

let me know what you guys think

Old 07-29-2009, 10:10 AM
July 2008 ROTM

I'd pick the first pair out of those options, but really I think they all look like bleh. Mirror options are fairly limited (at least ones that I like) - the really awesome ones are made from carbon fibre and cost $200+.

Best of luck with your search. Hope you don't run into mounting adapter issues, either.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:34 AM

hey aken thanks.... ya i agree the real nice ones are insane... unfortunently in illinois im required to have at least one mirror so i gotta get a pair and i think three of those four look pretty clean and hopefully will look good on my bike.... as far as mounting here is kinda what i had in mine... use those 15 dollar block offs in the pic... mount the front hole like your supposed to... then line up the back hole.... and drill it out to the right size for the new mirror.... then put the mirror in and tighten it up from the inside with the nut.... then everything would look good and clean as long as i do it right..... right?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:17 AM

Can you run a mirror on the handle bars? If so i would suggest trying the block plates first.. You would be surprised how well you like it.. I run one off my left handle bar and wouldn't ever go back to mirrors.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:22 AM

I like the third pair!

Can't wait to see your finished bike, sounds really cool!

Old 07-29-2009, 11:23 AM

okay... can you send me some links to some good looking bar end mirrors though?

all the ones i have seen hav looked tacky so its been a def no go so far.... im not saying they all do but alot ive seen dont look so hot....

Old 07-29-2009, 11:26 AM

and thanks sleestack... im pretty pumped to see how she ends up coming out too.... and im hoping two weeks... but thats wishfull thinking.... ive been preping for paint on the weekend for the last 3 weeks.... my bikes paint was so bad i had to go down to the plastic pretty much on every panel..... strangely the building process should be faster than the stripping process

never think ill see that again

Old 07-29-2009, 11:28 AM

http://www.motosport.com/street/sear...0end%20mirrors

I got the CRG Blind Sight mirror.. It is only the 2 inch oval. Its big enough i can distinguish everything behind me.. Now they do make a 3 inch oval but i thought that would be bulky and look huge.. When i get the bike out i will take some pictures for ya and post them up with what i am currently running.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:34 AM

Do the research on ebay. You can find some good looking ones.

How about this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S-HON...Q5fAccessories
You can also use block off plates with these mirrors.

Ohhh, what about bar end ones? They will widen the front a bit, but look great too.

To be honest I have the same dilemma. So far I found only one pair I like.
Here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CBR-6...Q5fAccessories

Old 07-29-2009, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by yog182
http://www.motosport.com/street/sear...0end%20mirrors

I got the CRG Blind Sight mirror.. It is only the 2 inch oval. Its big enough i can distinguish everything behind me.. Now they do make a 3 inch oval but i thought that would be bulky and look huge.. When i get the bike out i will take some pictures for ya and post them up with what i am currently running.
kk sweet looking forward to the pics....

keep the suggestions on the mirrors and other better suggestions coming....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help me pick out a pair of mirrors guys.......