F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Help Me Figure Out R1 Projector Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with the project.
I'd like to see what you come up with, seems like an original idea.

Dood, feeding trolls keeps em' comin back...
Ignore the smart ***, delusions of grandeur comments, and work off the constructive one's.

Hope you get some more ideas for the mounting of those projectors.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:33 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Hey Joey thanks for the support man. I can't wait to see her when she's done either I'm keeping picz of everything and plan on postin a thread on it when its done.

As for feeding the troll I do realize that it keeps it coming back but I do it in hope that one day far far away there will be a forum where some guys don't get big heads and EVERYONE can try and support one another like we should

Thanks man

Old 10-25-2009, 08:03 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by zmds18
so in other words you have no idea how to do it.... thanks for your input
No, I don't know exactly how to mount a projector retrofit. But I also have enough modification knowledge and common sense to TRY IT MYSELF. It's called a do-it-yourself project for a REASON.

Oh, and I said a final comment before pretty much excusing myself from your thread and any further interruption, because clearly I was being misunderstood, or coming across as a dick. Whatever the situation, you continued bringing it up, as you still are. So let me continue fitting into your assumption: you clearly have no idea what you're doing, and you're looking for someone to tell you what to do. Why don't you try researching, testing, mocking, and generally making an effort towards your mod instead of getting butt hurt off a comment on the internet and/or waiting for a silver platter.

Now, without subtlety, I will leave your thread alone. So feel free to continue talking about me like I won't read it again, or move along with your project and maybe accomplish something before next summer. Again, good luck.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:25 PM

I think your going to have to mount them in a stock headlight housing. I don't think you'll want water or dirt,etc to be able to come into contact with the projectors. Projectors themselves are usually quite fragile and sensitive. The housing you choose may not be for your bike (or any bike for that matter) if you are wanting to fab something custom.

My .02.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:03 PM

A do it myself project it may be (and yes i do have a idea what im doing but i wanna have it down to a t before i make any final decisions) which is exactly what i plan to do but i want opinions before i just got and drill holes on my new 400 dollar fairings, i have my own ideas as to how to rig it up such as building a custom aluminum housing any tig welding it all up... if i do mount the projectores externally then they will only poke out .25 of a inch if that....

i realize aken doesnt plan on reading this again i dont think he is a total dick or anything i just dont appreciate asking for some opinions and getting a smart comment.... i have 6 years or custom fab expericence (been workin on cars since i was 14) and a family friend has a shop and between drag cars, street car, motorcycles, and trucks and dont like being put down when i just want some other mounting options.....

thanks guys for your input

as for the projetors they are .25 inch solid glass and i only ride my bike when its nice out so i think they should be able to take the elements as long as they are ceiled correctly.....

thanks guys

Old 10-27-2009, 02:51 AM

blah blah blah little girls. recess is over, get off the playground

Old 10-27-2009, 08:25 AM

Really?

Old 10-27-2009, 01:40 PM

with my knowledge of projectors especially in cars, i honestly would put them in some type of headlight housing... they can be damaged real easily and you would want some type of glass/plastic in front of it... if a rock kicks up and breaks your projector glass.. then you are ****ed... thats a special glass that makes up the projectors and you would want to protect that at all cost...

what you can do is to mock up your own... cut some plexy glass and create your own headlight glass and them fiberglass around that with the projector... its gonna be a pretty tough project but i have faith u can get it done

Old 10-27-2009, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by NYKnick1015
with my knowledge of projectors especially in cars, i honestly would put them in some type of headlight housing... they can be damaged real easily and you would want some type of glass/plastic in front of it... if a rock kicks up and breaks your projector glass.. then you are ****ed... thats a special glass that makes up the projectors and you would want to protect that at all cost...

what you can do is to mock up your own... cut some plexy glass and create your own headlight glass and them fiberglass around that with the projector... its gonna be a pretty tough project but i have faith u can get it done

hey man thanks for the support... i actually (after some comments) just the other day i switched the lights that i am using to these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

should make the project go soooooooooo much smoother....

thanks

Old 10-27-2009, 02:53 PM

those look pretty sweet... but be careful with those, most/all standard low beam lights have that Plate in front of it so people are not directly looking into the light... which can be very blinding... its like driving with your high beams on, im pretty sure i know how annoying that is... be careful that they don't become a nuisance to people in front of you cuz if it happens to be a cop then thats a ticket... when u mount them... aim them slightly down

Quick Reply: Help Me Figure Out R1 Projector Mounting