CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Help installing Frame sliders!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/help-installing-frame-sliders-137348/)

NewSense45 04-26-2012 05:28 PM

Help installing Frame sliders!!

So I bought some frame sliders to install on 06CBRf4i. I have after market fairings. All of the pics I looked at online show the fairings installed in areas I dont have holes. I read a post on here that stated something about drilling new holes, is this true??

Do I HAVE to drill holes or is that just an option? The holes I am talking about are right above the stator cover, and subsequently the other side as well.

Please help, I want to get these on before this weekend!

As always, thanks guys and gals for your input and help!

nickp123 04-26-2012 05:34 PM

yes you do....gotcbr just posted a bunch of links to some how-to's on this thread....

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr...9/#post1153817

jeffjones 04-26-2012 05:50 PM

There was a member here that got the no-cut sliders and the bike fell over in his driveway and the slider ended up smashing into his motor and causing internal damage.

So please stay away from no-cut sliders, Your better off with no sliders.

Mr. Suave 04-26-2012 06:05 PM

I installed T-rex racing no-cut sliders. I think they were around $70. You don't have to cut into your fairing at all, but some people say no cuts just dont work. I seriously doubt that though, with all the prying and scraping and wedging these things into place, I didn't really "need" (i did, of course) to bolt them on my bike bc there were so tight between the frame and engine.

If I had to do it over again though, Id go with cutting. I've heard that if you do anything other than a low side, you can damage your engine. I know when I get my race fairings, im going to get the cut sliders. Not worth $1000 for new engine.

Just take your time and cut into your fairing, you wont allow yourself to screw up lol

jeffjones 04-26-2012 06:17 PM

Here is the thread about the No-cuts causing engine damage.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...orning-118621/

NewSense45 04-26-2012 06:29 PM

Hey thanks a lot you guys/gals (no clue if which you are lol) but regardless thank you! I guess I am going to have to cut, just gotta get the tools and make sure my cuts are hella accurate! lol I am hella nervous, I DONT want to ruin my fairings, I just got em...

Thanks again and I will follow the hints in the thread from Nick123, Thanks bro! And everyone else for you input!!!

nickp123 04-26-2012 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by jeffjones (Post 1153847)
There was a member here that got the no-cut sliders and the bike fell over in his driveway and the slider ended up smashing into his motor and causing internal damage.

So please stay away from no-cut sliders, Your better off with no sliders.

He said he already has the sliders, im assuming they are the cut sliders since hes asking about cutting his fairings and all those links gotcbr posted that im referring to are for installing cut sliders as well.

jeffjones 04-26-2012 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by nickp123 (Post 1153859)
He said he already has the sliders, im assuming they are the cut sliders since hes asking about cutting his fairings and all those links gotcbr posted that im referring to are for installing cut sliders as well.

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure he didn't change his mind and look at the no-cuts.

Originally Posted by NewSense45 (Post 1153858)
Hey thanks a lot you guys/gals (no clue if which you are lol) but regardless thank you! I guess I am going to have to cut, just gotta get the tools and make sure my cuts are hella accurate! lol I am hella nervous, I DONT want to ruin my fairings, I just got em...

Thanks again and I will follow the hints in the thread from Nick123, Thanks bro! And everyone else for you input!!!

If the edges are ugly or you don't get a perfect hole due to filing to make them fit, You can use automotive trim around the outside of the hole to give it a clean look.

nickp123 04-26-2012 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by jeffjones (Post 1153862)
Yeah, I just wanted to make sure he didn't change his mind and look at the no-cuts.

ah misunderstood you, my apologies. annnd THATS the thread i spent 10 minutes trying to find before but had no luck. i think im search disabled when it comes to this site. thank you sir.

Mr. Suave 04-27-2012 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by NewSense45 (Post 1153858)

What I would do is just look at sliders on the same model bike as yours, and drill a small hole to make sure you are in the right place. That's how my buddy did his and his sliders are perfect. I wish I could help you more on technique, I havent exactly cut yet; maybe these other guys could help ya out