CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Help on the headlights (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/help-headlights-136992/)

Moore.Speed 04-18-2012 02:43 PM

Help on the headlights

I recently bought my first bike: 2004 CBR600F4i. I love the bike so far and I'm just getting started making some changes to it. I have a question about the headlights. I HATE how only one light is on when the low beams are on and I was wondering if I could get it to where both sides (bulbs) would be running when the low beams are on and also when the high beams were on which is hardly ever for me. Will an HID kit with dual beams or however they phrase it work for me? Or is running my high beams everywhere I go my only option? Thanks!

joelluing 04-18-2012 03:06 PM

only problem i see with using the high/low light bulb is that i do believe that the reflection angle of the highbeam is up "higher" so even if you had the duals and wired it to work I think it should blind everyone else that comes. unless that is if there is a way to adjust each bulb separately. Correct me if I'm wrong

Moore.Speed 04-18-2012 03:24 PM

That would make sense. I asked a guy at a local shop if the "reflection angle" your talking about could be adjusted or taken out so that the high beam points just the same as the low and he didn't know of anything.

jeffjones 04-18-2012 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Moore.Speed (Post 1151324)
I recently bought my first bike: 2004 CBR600F4i. I love the bike so far and I'm just getting started making some changes to it. I have a question about the headlights. I HATE how only one light is on when the low beams are on and I was wondering if I could get it to where both sides (bulbs) would be running when the low beams are on and also when the high beams were on which is hardly ever for me. Will an HID kit with dual beams or however they phrase it work for me? Or is running my high beams everywhere I go my only option? Thanks!

What you want is an HID Projector kit that will make both lights Lo and Hi beam. Bad part is you will have to rip your headlights open to install them. Any other way of doing it will be a ghetto hack job.

Squirrel8811 04-18-2012 04:12 PM

I have hids on mine. I hate the one headlight as well so since I do 95% city riding I just adjusted the high beam so its at the same level as the low. Everything is the same just the angle. So its a trade off. No high beam but no pirate eye.

mnguyen84 04-18-2012 08:28 PM

how did you adjust them?

nickp123 04-18-2012 11:30 PM

theres adjuster screws on the back of the headlight. One points the bulb left and right, the other points it up and down. So if you point the high beam down a little it wont be as blinding but you will lose some visibility obviously. Im not sure which screw of the screws moves it up and down and which way to turn it but just download a manual and go to the headlight section and itll tell you. Or maybe someone on here knows.

I usually just say screw it and ride with the highbeam on anyway. I really dont care if it annoys someone driving by me for half a second. Id rather be seen.

svek 04-19-2012 12:17 AM

The pirate eye is awesome. Just imagine you are winking at everyone

Squirrel8811 04-19-2012 08:29 AM

Look at your right intake cover and there will be a hole in it. Stick a philips straight in and that will be your virtical adjustment.

Moore.Speed 04-19-2012 07:56 PM

Thanks a lot guys for your replies. It has helped me out a lot. I'll look into adjusting it for now before i purchase HID's. If I get projector dual beam bulbs, then all I need to do is just adjust the angle of the high beam now and the high/low bulbs will both run as I turn them on/off?

Also, if any of you already have this HID kit installed or know a good, reliable site to find them, post the link! Thanks again