F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

helmet locks/holders...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default helmet locks/holders...

I saw a bunch of bikes at bike week here in NH today with their helmets hanging from the side of the bike right next to the rear seat. Were they locks, or holders or something? I have been looking online for a while, but i can't figure out how it works. Do you guys have this? where does it mount?

Old 06-19-2006, 12:34 AM
Default RE: helmet locks/holders...

there should be a hook on both sides under the seat where you could hang your helmet. It took me about three months before I figured out where they were.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:58 AM

I was looking for something like that today under my seat. couldn't find anything... is it like inside the seat?

Old 06-19-2006, 02:45 AM

You have an f4 correct? Depends on what year. I have the split seat (03) and on mine you remove the seat. There is a cross bar in the frame. If you follow that to either side there are metal L brackets pointing towards the center of the seat. You hook the helmet d-ring to them put the seat back on and now you've got a passenger helmet so you can get a Hooters girl in uniform on the back of your bike.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:03 AM

I have an 06' and there is no hook in the front only in the front part or the banana seat when you are away from the bike to lock the helmet.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:01 PM

I have a split seat F4i. Beneath the rear set i found that L bracket made of plastic. What i cannot understand is how can u hook the helmet to that bracket especially because the strap of the helmet is too short to totally go round the seat.

Old 06-20-2006, 05:48 PM

It's not the plastic part that's hanging on the actual seat. It's the metal L bracket in the "trunk" itself. So you remove the seat, look in the "trunk", find the little bracket, hook one of the rings on the chin strap of the helmet, put the seat back on. You're ready to go.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:03 AM

jeeeez.... im too stupid for this lol.... anyone has a pic?

Old 06-21-2006, 01:53 PM

I don't have a pic but it's basically above the bar where you hook your backseat to before latching it down. It's just little tabs on each side of the crossbar.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:40 PM

Notice where the stainless steel bolts/screws (most use for a bungee connection) bolt through the rear cowl plastic and into the sub-frame? Now when you take the rear seat off you'll see the "cross-bar" that was mentioned before - this is also where those two bolts connect. Adjacent to this bolt, there will be a small bracket welded to the top - kinda looks like an "L" and a "U" on it's side. Slip the D-ring into this "U" and that's how you hang your lid.

Sorry I don't have any pics, but it's really quite easy. Should be in the owner's manual too... if you have one!

Quick Reply: helmet locks/holders...