F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Hello ...Honda.....are you out there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hello ...Honda.....are you out there?

Hmm, I don't really have any problems with the CBR mirrors, I think they work awesome. Maybe it's because I've grown accustomed to moving my body to use them. lol And I only have 1 mirror, the left one. And I've done plenty of highway, DC beltway miles.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:26 AM

your riding position has alot to do with what you will be able to see, I would try making adjustments to that first, or just moving a little when you want to see behind you

Old 09-06-2007, 10:30 AM

Waterbat and white99gt from GA also? I live in Mcdonough and commute to school at GT. Probably have seen you guys around, any distinguishing features of your bikes? I have all blue dark pearl paint on my f4i.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrizzle

Waterbat and white99gt from GA also? I live in Mcdonough and commute to school at GT. Probably have seen you guys around, any distinguishing features of your bikes? I have all blue dark pearl paint on my f4i.
I live right down the street (stockbridge)..Not sure on your commute times ,Im usually on the road by 6:30am .Here is mine..Only thing different now is it has frame sliders and stomp pads on it now.

Name:  DSC00097.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  134.4 KB

Old 09-06-2007, 10:02 PM

I'm trying outsetting my mirrors so I get a good view of my elbow and then when I want to look behind me I raise my elbow. Not too bad a view of what's behind me. Not an ideal solution. I keep fiddling with them and never been happy...

I saw these on ebay. They basically extend the base of the mirror out a bit. Seems like it might help a bit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm thinking of finding a block of some sort of plastic/nylon (haven't got this idea sorted out yet...) and building my own. Maybe prototype it first with some hardwood to see if they really help that much.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:44 PM

Great post Brat.

I agree, the mirrors on my both of the CBR's I've had are a total joke. (Probably from the same parts-bin knowing Honda). My cousin, who has a 954, enjoyed making jokes about me complaining about them; then he rode my bike. As hard as it was for him to admit, he agreed: they suck.

Yeah, I bring my left arm across my body, lean to the side, or extend my arm out to see behind/beside me. (And turn my head of course).

Come on Honda, get with it.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:25 AM

Hey Guys & Girlsfrom Atlanta

I live in Dunwoody and work in Duluth. I travel on 285 and head north on I-85 at spaghetti junction. I am sure you guys know how crazy I-85 is as you head towards Gwinnett. You got crazy drivers, doped up truckers and the never ending construction going on.I have bad traffic both going and coming.

I ride a red/black f4i 24/7, its got a "ROK" sticker on the side.I also have a yellow/silver f4i. Brought them at WOW motorcycles. They are a great store with over 100 hundred new and used bikes. If you are in the market for a bike check them out. Talk to John.

I started to ride with a bunch of harley guysout ofKiller Creek Harley dealer.They have a local HOG chapter.They have taken me in and neveronce joked about my bike vs their hogs.Its funny seeing 15 harleys and one CBR going down the street.I like that fact. I like being different.Guess it lets people know you have a choice. You don't have to follow the crowd.

I am going to Two Wheels up in Suches on 9/15. KTM is having a demo ride there. Can't wait to try out their "Duke" bike.Hope it doesn't rain.

Hope to see you out there

Old 09-07-2007, 08:32 AM

Thanks Wildcat

You know if Honda's engineerscan make their engines smaller and more powerful on their new RR, you think they can solve the mirror problem.

I know they are aware of the problem,we aren't the first to complain. It seems like the old corporate mentality, if you can get away with it - do it. They probably need a lawsuit for them to change the mirrors.

Suzuki's mirrors are great. They seem to have fixed the problem on their bikes. So come on Honda.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:33 PM

Am i the only person that turns around and looks behind me when i change lanes?

Old 09-07-2007, 03:40 PM

No I do too.....But there are times you wish the view was better.....Give you an example....I am traveling on I-85 (Semi-trucks are all around me) rush hour traffic. Five miles up the road a cop is giving out a ticket to someone. So the traffic is jammed, bumper to bumper for the next five miles as everyone takes a look at the guy getting the ticket.

I am slowly making my way over to the HOV lane. But I have to cut my way over carefully as alot of drivers are already late to work. They hate lettinganyone in ahead of them. So Iam stopped in my lane, waiting for the traffic to move, WHENI HEARD A SCREEECHING NOISE BEHIND ME!!!!!.ITSA GD18 WHEELER. I don't knowwere the "f" he came from.I don't know whenhe gotbehind me. BUT IT SCAREDME HAVING THIS TRUCK HEADED MY WAY AND BURNING RUBBER.

I remember when I drove my car. With my rearview mirror I could have seen him coming,and I would have changed lanes and got out of his way. Insteadall I heard was the tires screeching and I am trying my head around trying to figure out where that noise was coming from.

Hope you guys see my problem...

Quick Reply: Hello ...Honda.....are you out there?